X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a simple fix might be available for IE8 rendering problems:

http://blogs.fasthosts.co.uk/2008/11...et-explorer-8/

Haven't tried it myself yet though.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thats not really a fix. IE 8 is Standards compliant and so this is only beneficial if your site is not standards compliant. I think we all know that its tough to get an Actinic site standards compliant. Going forward, I'm guessing, Actinic will have to make the HTML it spits out compliant as the next wave of browsers will be more strict.
      KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
        might be
        Important element of my post ...
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by CymraegKev View Post
          Thats not really a fix. IE 8 is Standards compliant
          Thats open to interpretation really, MS say it is to the way they read and implemented it, if it was are we now saying that all the other browsers are not or never have been. I think we all accept these will be interpreted differently but i would never say a browser is standard compliant it b******s

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
            Looks like a simple fix might be available for IE8 rendering problems:

http://blogs.fasthosts.co.uk/2008/11...et-explorer-8/

Haven't tried it myself yet though.
            Thanks Jules, i have a site that breaks in ie8 so will look at this and see how it go's. As yet i have not found why it breaks in ie8 - its kinda weird that it repeats two images?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
              Thats open to interpretation really, MS say it is to the way they read and implemented it, if it was are we now saying that all the other browsers are not or never have been. I think we all accept these will be interpreted differently but i would never say a browser is standard compliant it b******s
              Nope, thats not what we are saying. Some browsers have been standards compliant (well, as near as reasonably possible). MS will make a more standards compliant browser and they know that IE7 is not compliant and so know that lots of sites will break in IE8. We've been down this rout before I think, but, at the end of the day MS are (finally) doing something responsible here as, no matter how you look it, they still dominate the browser market and they can't just put a browser out that breaks 80% of the existing sites all the time with no options.

Hopefully, MS will eventually move to Webkit and save us all hassle and then all browser manufacturers can concentrate on making the application better than the others, rather than the rendering.

Either way, Actinic have got to start making standards compliant HTML at some point in the not too distant future in my opion.
              KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

Working...
              X