Stylesheet Link Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stylesheet Link Problems

Hope somebody can help with this one with a new site I'm building.

Site has two stylesheets, the original actinic one and you guessed it, another.

Site looks perfect in design view, but, only if the link to the sheets are C:\Users\Richard\Documents\Actinic v9\Sites\Site1\......, take that away and the site goes t**ts up !!

If it's uploaded then obviously goes the same way.

Only have the basic actinic site currently uploaded at the moment, but the site will be http://www.elitegolfwear.com

Going bald very quickly over this, thanks for your help as always

Richard

<link href="acatalog/actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="acatalog/theother1.css" />

This what I do.

Copy the stylesheet into PreviewHTML and PreviewDesignHTML if need be.

Comment

I have always used:

<link href="myStyles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

and never had to copy anything anywhere, just have the file located in the Site1 folder and actinic seems to do the rest.

Comment

Hi Duncan

Thanks for replying so quickly, unfortunately it's made no difference.

The stylesheets were already in the design preview folders, so to make sure I replaced them again and I copied your code in case I'd missed something, but it still has the same effect.

Any other ideas...

Thanks again

Richard

Comment

If you are referencing graphics etc in your custom css file then you may have to add those graphics to the Additional Files list as well as copy them to the Preview folders.

Comment

or paste the contents of your custom stylesheet to the bottom of the actinic style sheet and dispense with the custom one

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
              I have always used:

<link href="myStyles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

and never had to copy anything anywhere, just have the file located in the Site1 folder and actinic seems to do the rest.

Hmmm you mentioned this before, i have problems with external style sheets, i have had to use full url's in it to get images to work. Once i am happy it works i then change things and test it.

Comment

Taddy you having problems is hardly reason for anyone to change anything.

Comment

Cheeky bugger

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                    <link href="acatalog/actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
                    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="acatalog/theother1.css" />

This what I do.

Copy the stylesheet into PreviewHTML and PreviewDesignHTML if need be.
                    I thought actinic did this for you. In version9.0.2 and 8.5.3 Actinic copies the css files into the preview folders when you select web preview and changes the references to any images by adding '../'.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                    Custom Packages

Comment

Yessssssss... finally getting there, Actinic Awards to you all for your help.

Duncan, thanks for the advice regarding adding the images etc to the additional files, had them added from the Site 1 folder, but not the preview folder which made all the difference.

Lee, thanks for your input, sorry missed it earlier, must have posted at the same time.

And Joe, great tip, adding to the end of the actinic stylesheet, worked a treat.

The template is finally uploaded, not perfect in FF, so the little firebug has got some work to do, but your help is much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky View Post
                        And Joe, great tip.
                        Oh my, Charles Bronson with yet another sequel?

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                          If you are referencing graphics etc in your custom css file then you may have to add those graphics to the Additional Files list as well as copy them to the Preview folders.
                          I did some tests on external css sheets with the following results

If you reference an external style sheet which is in the site folder then Actinic V9 takes all referenced .css files and copies them to the preview folder changing all references to graphics files by adding ../ in front of each reference. All html files then reference these files in the preview folders.

However Actinic does not modify any graphics image references in any in line css embedded in the source code so that graphics referenced in the embedded css in the source will fail in both preview mode in Actinic and in web preview, but will work on the main site.

Given that actinic sorts out external css files why does it not deal with css embedded in the source code and hence the html files it produces for preview, after all it manages to handle the embedded references to js files correctly.

A small but annoying bug in Actinic IMHO, it also appears to be in V8.5.3

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                          Custom Packages

Comment

Failing to parse background images if you use actinic variables in your external stylesheet is another anoying bug.

Comment

Working...
                            X