Dropdown List Attributes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropdown List Attributes

Can a dropdown list have an attribute that appears in the list but cannot be selected? ie. a product which is a t-shirt would have the downdown list.

small
    medium
    large
    x large

,but i'm wanting the default on the dropdown to say Select size, and if no size is selected it cannot add an item to the cart untill a size has been selected. Any ideas on doing this? asos dot com does this very nicely, wondering if it can be done in actinic.

Cheers FrAz
    Cheers FrAz

Hi,

Does this post help?
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

I have an add-on "Choice Validation" that would help with this. You basically set your first drop-down choice to a value like "Select something". Add to cart is inhibited and a friendly message pops up to tell you what you've done wrong.

Here's a bit from the ReadMe:

This patch adds the capability to optionally validate drop-down choices to ensure
      that a selection other than the first is made.

If used on radio button choices, it sets all choices to unchecked and makes sure that
      one is chosen before allowing the Add to Cart.

The error message for each invalid drop-down or radio button is user definable.

It also checks Date fields to ensure that the default e.g. "1st Jan 2000" date isn't used.

The error message for each invalid date is user definable.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the post TraceyG i'l have a go at it and see if i get the desired result. As for Normans post. Does this plug-in come at a cost?

Cheers FrAz
        Cheers FrAz

Comment

Hi TraceyG, i've just had time to run you post through our test site, but i'm just having a little trouble with the readme towards the end.

- on the component permutation tab delete the current permutations and click the 'fill list' button
          - untick the 'valid' option for the 'Please select' choice
          - click 'Apply'
          - on the 'Layout' tab change the 'Permutation Row Layout' to the new layout you created above
          - click 'Apply Changes'
          - you should see the 'Please select' option in the preview pane and when you upload the site and try adding the product to basket without changing the 'Please select' option, it will tell you that it's not valid.

i'm just stuck on the first one as to where to find the component permentation tab?

Cheers FrAz
          Cheers FrAz

Comment

You have to create a Component for each product and move your Attributes/Choices into that Component. The Help explains how to do this. Then select the Component and you'll have a Permutations tab as above. Note that in this method the customer only gets the warning message on the Cart page after they add to cart which can be a bit annoying.

My (paid for) method is much easier to install and use and doesn't annoy the customer by making them wait for an unsuccessful add-to-cart call to bounce back.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman,

I think this Add-On is just what I'm looking for, however I can't find it on your site.

Also is there any way to grey out choices on one attribute, dependant on what choices are made in another attribute?

Many thanks.
              B

Comment

You can contact Norman directly at: info @ drillpine.biz

Comment

Many Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X