Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SITE 1 help !

Hi
    I have just installed V8 on my PC and all went well, my web designer sent me the new SITE 1 file to copy over into the SITE file under ACTINIC 8 in program files, but when i open up the ACTINIC 8 program all i see is the demo site that comes with the program - my site 1 file layout is not displayed.

am i doing something wrong? as the SITE 1 file is located in the correct direcvtory on my PC drive under Actinic 8 / Site

any pointers would be helpful
    thanks

Your web designer does not know what he is doing - you need a snapshot. If they cannot get that right then I dnt hold much hope for the site

Comment

my desinger has produced a new template - to use in V8 - i have the SITE1 files on a memory stick which i have copied into the SITE 1 FILE UNDER Actinic 8 folder on my PC - this is a new site - so dont have a snapshot - !

even when i copy the files over it does not appear when i open the program, it should show the layout design should it not?

Comment

You Could use the method you describe with v7 but not v8. It needs to be done by design snapshot or snapshot.

Comment

please explain this procedure, i have the design template file on a memory stick, so how do i import this design template and the shop layout sections into v8 so when i open up the program my site design is displayed instead of the demo site

many thanks

Comment

You need to go back to your designer and ask them to import the design into their v8, then take a snapshot. Then they send you the snapshot.
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

who is your designer as they are the person who should be helping you not the forum.

Comment

Mal is right

Your designer is the one who should be talking you through the procedure, it is not hard and will take him about 2mins on the phone.

1) he sends you a snapshot
                2) you import the snapshot

no copying files

Comment

Working...
                X