Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component Layout - extended Info

Hi,

I want to change the component are layout but only in the extended info pages.
    Currently I have a "compact" from page layout with drop down list for components etc. This keeps the front pages small enough to get an idea. I then use the extended info pages (opens in same window) for a more detailed listing of the product, including bigger image (Incl Add to Cart). I'm thinging of changing the layout of the components at this point (Extended Info) to a grid listing a) I have one page per product to plenty of room b) I have a complicated series of components and some are out of "Stock" or unticked as "Viable" in "Permutation".

I know I can make a global change to the component layout but I don't want that on my front page as it will take up too much room and defeat the point of a "compact" layout. So can I just change it in the extended info pages?

Any advice / help welcome

Matthew
    Matthew Wildeman
    www.bigmatts.com
    2XL to 8XL Menswear

Hi,

You can do this by

- creating a new 'Component List Layout' (Design | Library | Layouts | Component Lists group | copy the 'Standard Component List' layout)
    - then on your extended info page layout, right-click on the 'ComponentList' variable and select 'Edit Appearance'
    - select your new list layout in the 'Use fixed layout' field
    - click 'OK'
    - double-click on this variable in the preview pane to take you to that layout
    - on the 'layout code' window you can then 'fix' the component layout that you want to use for your extended info pages.

I hope that helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X