Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP - Moved some images, now i get duplicate errors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP - Moved some images, now i get duplicate errors!

Hi guys,

A client of ours built a shop using actinic, and added loads of products to it.

I have attempted to tidy up the site by physically moving all the images from "my pictures" on the clients PC, and the other folders that images lived in on the PC...

I moved them all to c:\customer name so that they were all in one place..

I went thru actinic and changed the product image file locations and pointed them to the new physical URL's on the PC so all the images lived in one place...

I added a few more categories, made some text changes and hit upload...

I now get the Some filenames conflict error, and it pretty much errors on every product as it thinks the old location of the image, is a seperate image to the new location..

I hope i make sence!

Basically i want to wipe where its storing this old location for the images, as they are not there any more, and ive moved them!

But i cant find the DB or where it references the old image file locations?!

Argggg!

How did you point them to the new URL (as you call it), did the preview screen show what you did had worked? Why did you move all images from outside the site1 folder into another folder still outside of site1, why not follow best practice and have them within a folder within the site1 folder?

Can you not revert back to a snaphot before you touched anything and get it back as it was, probably best to start from that point again?

It sounds like you have put the incorrect location for the images, but that should be evident on the preview screen. Can you clarify what you have done?

Comment

I went to the product, navigated to the bit that says Image:

Clicked browse, selected the image from the new folder on PC, clicked ok, then Apply Changes..

Yes all the images display in the preview window fine

I moved all the images as the guy had selected images from ALL OVER his pc, my pictures, my documents, desktop, etc etc etc..

So i wanted them all in one place.

I wasnt aware of "best practices" when i installed the shop for him, so i wasnt able to enforce the benefits of them to him early on..

I dont want to to revert back, as the shop is huge and i spent all last week sorting things out, i dont want to have to un-do a weeks work..

Where are these old file locations being stored?

Why cant i just edit them?

Does actinic work from one database stored on my PC? if so where is it?!

Many Thanks for your reply, lee.

And yes ive looked around the forums but the posts i have found are not really applicable to my problem.

Thanks.

Comment

The database is within the site1 folder Olly, you need Access to open it, backup before you go in there though. You could also try a file|export within actinic to get yourself a hierachical export which you can open in excel. Are there images used on the extended info tab of the products or anything like that? If you change the reference within actinic and the preview changes to reflect that, i'd say there are other areas in the site where the same named files are referenced or you have a problem with the site.

Comment

HI Mate,

Thanks for your help!

I only have one category where i have "Extended info" and all that has been adjusted too.

I'll have a play about with the DB (a backup of the DB anyway ) and see if i can find the old references there.

i will report back - thanks!

Comment

Righty, i opened the DB and opened the products section..

Found loads of old file locations, so i did a find and replace and sorted them all...

Then i opened the Catalog (i think) part of the DB, the part that references all the category info, and found loads more old file locations so changed them..

Just saved and closed and trying to upload now!

Hold tight!

Comment

Didnt work

But only becasue i hadn't adjusted the "Extended info" part of the DB.

Despite me going into the products in actinic, and selecting new file locations for the larger version of my product images, it was still referencing the old locations (in addition to the new ones) in the DB?

So i changed them - and now im trying again!

Comment

Ok it worked in the end!

The erroring list of images got smaller, and smaller, until it didnt fail and continued until it finished successfully..

Now all the changes i made are uploaded!

Bangin!

Thanks LeeHack

Comment

Working...
                X