Catalogue page as index page / product list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalogue page as index page / product list

Could someone please tell me how I can use the Online Catalogue page as my top level index page? (Untick 'the use as website home page' box on the Home page details? You'd have thought so wouldn't you?)

OR

How I can get the Compact Parent Section List to work on the Home page?

I want product categories with thumbs to appear on the first page of the website. My Online Catalogue page currently has this but does not appear on the website.

Thanks

You need a redirect in htaccess which takes people to the index.html file within the actalog folder, this has been discussed and solutions provided a number of times in the forum already. What will happen is someone visiting www.mydomain.co.uk will automatically get redirected to www.mydomain.co.uk/acatalog.index.html

Your plan is not a great idea though, it's always a good idea to have both indexes, the main site home page and the shop top page and i'd encourage you to take a look round at some successful sites and you will see its very rare for anyone to get rid of the main site home page. While looking around get some ideas on what content you could have on yours.

Comment

Hi Lee

Thanks for the response.

Paul

Comment

Working...
      X