Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Lightbox

Hello.

My client is running version 9 of Actinic. I made some modifications to his template and also inserted a Lightbox image gallery. All was working well until recently now he is getting the exclamation mark warning about errors on the page in IE7.

The js files for lightbox are entered in to the actinic template like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="prototype.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="scriptaculous.js?load=effects"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="lightbox.js"></script>

but on viewing the live page they are called to like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="acatalog/prototype.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="acatalog/lightbox.js"></script>

The file are also included in the additional files section of Actinic. It is looking for the scriptaculous.js file in the root of the website, where in fact it is uploaded to the acatalog folder like the other ones.

Does anyone have any ideas why this would be occuring?

If anyone would like to view the site in question please visit ** contains adult content ** www.electrastim.co.uk/index2.html

Regards,

Cammy.

Try using the full URL to the js scripts.

Comment

Thanks for your reply - will they still upload if the full URL is used or is manual upload the only way?

Thanks!
      x

Comment

if they don't upload, add them to additional files

Comment

They do upload correctly and all go in to the acatalog folder, it's just that the scriptaculous.js file is looking for it to be in the root of the website.

Comment

Then I think you may have to either manually upload them to the root or modify the js to look in acatalog instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Cammy View Post
              <script type="text/javascript" src="prototype.js"></script>
              <script type="text/javascript" src="lightbox.js"></script>

but on viewing the live page they are called to like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="acatalog/prototype.js"></script>
              <script type="text/javascript" src="acatalog/lightbox.js"></script>
              This could be a bug in Actinic, it has correctly added the path to the first and last file but not the one with the extra command. There are other problems with actinic V9 and how it modifies file names so this might be worth reporting. If you do an offline preview do you get the same problem with the file paths in the preview page code.

I would follow Duncans recommendation and copy the script to the root for now as a work around.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
              SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
              Custom Packages

Comment

Oh well! Such is life with Actinic, it's bizarre that it was working then decided not to work. I'll just stick it in the root manually which will remedy the situation.

Locally the files don't move to the preview folder, they all have to be manually put there in order to work, so preview does not give an accurate idea as to how it works.

Many thanks for all of your advice.

Regards,

Cammy.

Comment

I assume that you want to use Lightbox on your home page. This will be problematical as Actinic doesn't adjust the URL of the scriptaculous.js?load=effects file.

As you've surmised the simple fix is to manually copy scriptaculous.js and any other files it uses into your site root.

However on every other page, except the home page, things will be fine as all URL's will be correct.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                  X