Easy way to edit design?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy way to edit design?

is there an easy way to edit the shop design? i happy with the templates Actinic gives but i just want to slip a few images and links in to the homepage and a few images at the top of the site that appear on every page, i found this impossible to do from the Actinic designer and don't get me started on Dreamweaver (CS3) there must be a simple way to do this, any advice would be great thanks
    - Mitch

Http://Stringersystems.co.uk

images and links in to the homepage
    Use fargments with an image only layout and html between !!<html here>!!

and a few images at the top of the site that appear on every page
    add your images to the image you are using as your site logo in site options.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
      Use fargments with an image only layout and html between !!<html here>!!

add your images to the image you are using as your site logo in site options.
      Thanks for replying still having trouble i might go and sit in a corner with "D" cap.

Took a look at your site, now I'm leaning towards a design made for me, I'm quite comfortable using Actinic for everything apart from the design. Would it be best to contact you via your site or are comfortable giving a rough price on here if i provide some more details?
      - Mitch

Http://Stringersystems.co.uk

Comment

Sorry but I'm too busy to take on any new clients. Try lee at websitedesigned

Comment

Hiya!

I'm happy to quote for any modifications if you are interested please feel free to contact me clare@cam-web.co.uk

Regards,

Cammy.

Comment

What's this poach a client night or what - nothing like being desperate for jobs.

If lee cannot do it I would suggest posting in aob for quotes or using gabes service.

Comment

Geee that's a bit harsh, wasn't aware I was poaching

Comment

If the op wanted a general quote they would have asked for one. They asked me and I replied suggesting lee as they obviously wanted someone experienced.

You may like to post a reply to the op and tell them how to do what they want before you type out that quote.

Comment

Css

You could try editing whichever templates you want the image to appear on by adding a css div and setting the background image for the div. I have pasted a bit of code below - I would be reluctant to pay for advice as this board is for us to support each other but thats your perogative.

The following creates a div - it is 942px wide so adjust as you wish. It is centred but is you wish to change that then remove the margin setting. The image location can refer to wherever you have your image.

div#banner{ width: 942px; height: 110px; background-color: #231f20; padding:4px; float:left; marging:0 auto; background: url('images/myimage.gif');}

Then insert into your template:

<div id="banner"></div>

Your images/layer will now appear in any template which you have updated.

To include seperate content in the home page only then RuralWebs original suggestions is the simplest.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by greyhound View Post
                    div#banner{ width: 942px; height: 110px; background-color: #231f20; padding:4px; float:left; marging:0 auto; background: url('images/myimage.gif');}
                    1. Marging needs to be 'margin'
                    2. No need for the 'div' as part of the css style name
                    3. Background color and image can be compressed to - background: #231f20 url('images/myimage.gif');
                    4. Don't float: left if you want to centre
                    5. You may also be better off to have BG images in the site root (site1 folder) to ease upload woes at times

Leaving you with the below instead:

#banner {
                    width: 942px;
                    height: 110px;
                    background: #231f20 url('myimage.gif') no-repeat;
                    padding: 4px;
                    margin: 0 auto;
                    }

Comment

Ouch -

1. Correct
                      2. no need for div but it does help when looking through a complex style sheet
                      3. Corrent
                      4. do you know what the parent of the div is doing? if not then how do you know it will centre
                      5. n/a

Comment

Originally posted by greyhound View Post
                        1. Correct
                        2. no need for div but it does help when looking through a complex style sheet
                        3. Corrent
                        4. do you know what the parent of the div is doing? if not then how do you know it will centre
                        5. n/a
                        2 - The lookup facility provided by actinic when you select a class can help you tenfold if you get confused with your own CSS.
                        3 - It's spelt 'correct'.
                        4 - I'm more concerned that the sibling is being told to hang left and also go central. I'm not sure what your point is regarding the parent.
                        5 - I know a good few actinic designers who would say this is extremely 'applicable'.

Comment

Working...
                        X