products into sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

products into sections

I have imported my products from sage but now i need to regroup them...my site is www.thesoftwareshop.co.za basically we are selling Sage products so for e.g we sell sage 50 Accounts 2008 but it has a single user with a choice of 1,2,3,4 and 5 companies. there is also a 2 users with a choice of 1,2,3,4 and 5 companies so basically i would like to have a client come on line choose the software they want and then have a choice of how many companies and how many users(baring in mind each choice has a different price)Also bare in mind that all the products are in sage under no catagory so when imported they are all just "there". if anyone could maybe give me some advice on how to do this it would be appreciated. please have a look at http://shop.sage.co.uk/configure.asp...uctid=accounts that is the layout i want for my products

create sections and drag/drop products into them.

read the actinic start up guide on products, components/attributes

Comment

I hav eread a little bit of this- but when i try to drag and drop my product into a choice it won't allow me too... Do i have to retype everything that i have imported?

Comment

but when i try to drag and drop my product into a choice i
        this doesn't make sense, create a section and drag the product into it.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
          this doesn't make sense, create a section and drag the product into it.
          but when i try to drag and drop my product into a choice it won't allow me too
          Sounds like all the options are imported as products instead of one product with choices.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
          Custom Packages

Comment

let me put it to you this way... all 77 products have been imported but i need to group them now... the products basically all become choices...

so i have sage 50 accounts
            and the choice of 1,2,3 companies and then the choice of 1,2,3 users... BUT my problem is each company is a seperate product each user is a seperate product(after it has been imported from sage) so do i have to retype everthing as you cannot drag a product in as a choice- does that make more sense?

if ypu are not sure what i mean please check out my website www.thesoftwareshop.co.za and in my products you will see if you click on sage 50 accounts there are alot of products i.e 1 user 1 company
            1 user 2 company
            1 user 3 company etc

this what happens when i import

how I want it to look is the Product name i.e Sage 50 accounts
            and then a choice of 1 user or 2 users
            and the choice of how many companies

So must i retype all to make those choices available or is there an easier way

Comment

malbro thats is exactly what i mean

Comment

Originally posted by chebs22 View Post
                malbro thats is exactly what i mean
                looks like some typing then

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

can i make the changes in sage so that when i import the products they are already in sections? or must i make the changes in actinic itself *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by chebs22 View Post
                    can i make the changes in sage so that when i import the products they are already in sections? or must i make the changes in actinic itself *sigh*
                    I have not used the sage link so I cannot help you on this point.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Have a look in the AUG for importing products as SPP (single product per page) Basically you adjust the mapping to create your section names.
                      Unusual Silver Jewellery
                      Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
                      Crystal Healing Jewellery
                      Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Andy,
                        I think what Cheryl is wanting to know is if there is a way to import products from SAGE to Actinic in such a way that the products come across as associated products linked to choices on a product page.

Cheryl, normally the way achieve this would be to create/import all the products, leave one product visible and "hide" all the other products on the page. You would then have to create, manually in Actinic, a component and attribute with choices all associated to the hidden products.
                        This ensures the correct products are ordered when the relevant drop downs are chosen.

Once this has been manually set up then SAGE Actinic link works on the product reference so you should find the link working.

There is no simple way to get SAGE Link to do this work for you I'm afraid.
                        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Just to see if i understand you correctly-

I import the products from sage into actinic
                          then i manually make components and attributes for each product
                          then i hide the products(as they have been manually converted into options)
                          Then if anything changes in one of the products i change it in sage and import to actinic and automatically my manually inserted options will be changed to?

Comment

Working...
                          X