Delivery charges not working as expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delivery charges not working as expected

We sell products that weigh only a few ounces & have set up a shipping table to accommodate that.

We also sell heavy machinery. Each machine has a shipping supplement and the ‘exclude from shipping band calculation’ is checked. Therefore we were assuming that we have two shipping protocols set up.

Recently, we have introduced free shipping on orders over £60. On everything except the machinery, which has the shipping supplement...

I went back to the shipping table and checked the box that allows free shipping over £60.

Today we sold several machines (several hundred pounds each), only to find that no delivery was applied. It is apparent that the ‘Free shipping’ is applied to ALL products over £60 even if a shipping supplement is applied AN that the product is excluded from the shipping band.

Have I misunderstood on how it works?

At the moment I have disabled (unchecked) the free over £60 box until I have a viable solution.
    www.yandles.co.uk
    www.websilk.co.uk
    Today is the tomorrow that I worried about yesterday.
    So far, all is well. Am I still worried? YES! Watch some b.....d mess it up!

Originally posted by Donald Gray View Post
    Have I misunderstood on how it works?
    Yes I think you have, the option you have used is a global override on shipping costs AFAIK. The help associated with that field could perhaps be a little clearer explaining this, but it does state what it does if you use it.

I suspect you need to look into using category based shipping for certain products, you can get rid of annoying and messy supplements and have all round easier and better shipping on your site then.

Comment

Lee - Once again, thanks for your reply.

Originally posted by leehack View Post

I suspect you need to look into using category based shipping for certain products, you can get rid of annoying and messy supplements and have all round easier and better shipping on your site then.

Thanks for confirming that

That IS what I need to do! I did visit that subject some time ago but got lostand couldn't get it to work as I wanted...

Looks like I need to get the big book out again

Cheers
      www.yandles.co.uk
      www.websilk.co.uk
      Today is the tomorrow that I worried about yesterday.
      So far, all is well. Am I still worried? YES! Watch some b.....d mess it up!

Comment

Working...
      X