Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to LINK to a FRAGMENT within a PRODUCT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to LINK to a FRAGMENT within a PRODUCT?

Hi Folks,

I'm going mental - I searched everywhere for this simple task.

All I want to do is;

Within a product description - put a LINK to a fragment.

I am inside the product and looked at the "LINK" options and it appears that you can do a simple link (obviously no good) or an ADVANCED link which only has the options of URL or PRODUCT or SECTION but no FRAGMENT !

Am I a dumb blonde or genius? (genius meaning I'm the only one in the world who's discovered the need to link to a Fragment from a Product)
    8mm cine to dvd transfer

The only problem with an open mind is people keep trying to fill it!

Kate,

I can see no obvious way to do this, with the exception of hard-coding links. Perhaps somebody else will have a solution they've used, but for me - hard coding seems the only way. Fragments are given an 'a name' in the same way as a product, thus are (presumably) uniquely numerically generated. I've got one page for MGM conservatory furniture which has a fragment with the 'a' reference of 'a2625' - thus, the direct link to the fragment would be this. Can't see a simpler solution, alas - I'm sure somebody, somewhere will have one.

I assume you need to link to a specific fragment and not a brochure page containing one (or more) fragments?

In the mean time, I hope this helps

Cheers,
    Grant

---Edit---
    Apologies, the opportunity to plug was too easy to miss

Comment

[QUOTE=grantglendinnin;250075]Kate,
      I assume you need to link to a specific fragment and not a brochure page containing one (or more) fragments?

Yes I want to link to a specific fragment, however if easier a brochure page will do

Thanks for info, hopefully some one out there has done it. Also I think this should be a LINK feature on next upgrade
      8mm cine to dvd transfer

Comment

In the mean time, if you just want to link to a brochure page then I suppose you could use the 'URL' option - and enter the url of the brochure page - though I'll be damned if there isn't an easier way to do this!

Regards,
        Grant

Comment

Yeah, I wanted to avoid this Grant (my sites aren't up yet)
          8mm cine to dvd transfer

Comment

Anyone around? can anyone else help on this at all
            Thanks in advance, Kate
            8mm cine to dvd transfer

Comment

If you are happy to link to just a page, rather than a fragment on that page, then just create that brochure page using a section instead. This is quite common, some people don't use brochure pages at all and just use sections as fragments can be added to a section just the same.

Failing that, hard coding to the fragments anchor is the next best option.

Comment

Lee,

that's great thanks, will try that. Also don't you think this should be a feature? I mean you can use ADVANCED link which can link to URL or PRODUCT or SECTION but no FRAGMENT !
                8mm cine to dvd transfer

Comment

Worked a treat ! Fab forum, many thanks - made my night !
                  8mm cine to dvd transfer

Comment

Working...
                  X