Nnngghh! Brochure page import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nnngghh! Brochure page import

I've done a hierarchical export and import into a site and it's not pulled in all the brochure pages (it has done some). It has however reassigned the homepage to a completely different page.

Is there some way to redefine this page as 'not the homepage' or assign "homepaginess" to another page? I don't mind rebuilding the missing brochure pages, but I don't want this particular page as the homepage.

And is there any clear instructions on hierarchical importing? I'm baffled that Actinic happily generated me a file that it can't seem to read back in properly seconds later..!

ooh...

I've had a bit of a butchers in the database (I'm rather novice to this, so I'm not planning to make any changes), but the "bHomePage" field isn't checked for any of the pages, however one of the pages has the little house icon within Actinic...

Dunno if this helps?

Comment

Did you Update or Replace your import?
      Probably a daft question, but why are you exporting and importing a csv and not snapshot?
      Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis View Post
        Did you Update or Replace your import?
        Probably a daft question, but why are you exporting and importing a csv and not snapshot?
        Just curious.
        Is it obvious? The same reason the rest of us did when we "started" with actinic.
        - Mitch

Http://Stringersystems.co.uk

Comment

This piece of work is an upgrade of a v7 site to a v9 site.

I've agreed with my manager to build the site again from scratch, but I want the data from the original. Originally I "replace"d, but I've since "update"d to try to incorporate the missing pages.

Comment

so after two weeks work your manager has finally agreed to do what we suggested in the first place. If you have a look through the forum you will find several different methods of transfering the data of which the method you are trying is not one. Which is best is down to personal preference and site construction but in many cases the database can be simply dragged over.

Comment

yes, yes - you told me so. I don't think I'm progressing any faster with a new site, but I don't feel like I'm breaking the law

Thanks, shifting the database has done the trick.

Under what circumstance would you use the import/export then. It struck me as the 'right' way to do it. Shows what I know

Comment

Originally posted by IanSaunders View Post
                Under what circumstance would you use the import/export then. It struck me as the 'right' way to do it. Shows what I know
                IMHO never - it sucks

So use it for various things, i tried once and never been back

Comment

Working...
                X