Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Hangs on 'Publsh to Web'

Actinic V9 Business Plus
    Windows XP Pro SP2 (fully updated but NOT SP3)
    AVG Professional running
    Full Scan carried out with AVG; Ad-Aware & Spybot Search & Destroy
    Full Windows recovery carried out

I'm at my wits end! For two days I've tried to get the system to work. Having made a couple of minor changes I tried to 'Publish To Web' and Actinic just hangs - hourglass appears and just sits there!

Task Manager shows Actinic is running - i.e. not showing a poor response or anything.

What the hell has gone wrong here please?

Ken

Ken,

Does a network test pass if you try it?

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
      Ken,

Does a network test pass if you try it?

Kind regards,
      Yes - no problems whatsoever.

Comment

Have you tried compacting your databases, 'Housekeeping | Compact Databases', select catalog and follow the wizard, this will close Acitnic. Reopen and try a refresh of the site.

Before refreshing increment the script ID number in network settngs.

If that too does not help, raise a support request @ www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm as we will need a snapshot of the site to check what is happening.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Try changing your cgi script id in your network settings.
          First I would just change the number and try an upload then.
          If that doesn't work then, to be safe, change script number, compact database and restart actinic.
          Then do a purge and refresh. (help>troubleshooting>web site purge and refresh. Click all 3 boxes)
          Note: you will need to redo any script modifications after this second method and upload again so try just a simple script id change first.
          Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
            Have you tried compacting your databases, 'Housekeeping | Compact Databases', select catalog and follow the wizard, this will close Acitnic. Reopen and try a refresh of the site.

Before refreshing increment the script ID number in network settngs.

If that too does not help, raise a support request @ www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm as we will need a snapshot of the site to check what is happening.

Kind regards,
            OK Bruce, that worked a treat - thanks a million.

Ken

Comment

Working...
            X