Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking to exisiting files with Digital Download

Hi,

We have a client who has 120 GB of audio files that they would like to sell via the Digital Download feature.

The problem is they haven't uploaded any yet. We can access the server directly to copy the files across to it.

I know Actinic renames DD files. Does anyone or has anyone found a way of hacking/bypassing the actual upload of a DD file?

I was thinking we could copy all the files to the server and somehow trick Actinic into thinking these have been uploaded. I'm guessing I'd have to change some filenames/references in the Access databse but as much as I've tried Actinic still doesn't accept the files that already reside in the /acatalog/DD/ folder.

Any thoughts/inspiration/ideas?

To upload 120 gb for us would take close to 6 months due the the restrictive quotas and upload speeds of our ISP.

Hi,

I'm afraid that I don't know of a way to bypass uploading the digital download files. If your 'restrictive quotas' for upload are how much you can upload in one go maybe you could do it in batches by marking most of your sections for deletion and uploading the site, then un-delete a few sections at a time and update the site. Sorry if it doesn't help but it's all I can suggest.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X