Odd Fragment issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Fragment issue

I keep getting an oddidty with my fragments - the fragment layout keeps reverting to 'use parent' from what I have it set at (normally 'text only') after a publish. To start with I thought this was just me, but it has happened so many terms now I am certain it is not!

Anyone else ever heard about this?
    Dorian
    ------
    www.itmustbegreen.co.uk
    Fair-Trade & Eco-Friendly

Hi,

I can't find any reports of this happening before. It sounds very odd so I would suggest contacting support for further investigation of the issue.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Yes, I have logged it with Actinic but they have been unable to replicate the problem. However, it is still happening. On todays publish (I have added some new products) it has done it again on over 30 pages. ummm...
      Dorian
      ------
      www.itmustbegreen.co.uk

Comment

I get this - if I drag a section or a product to a new location in the content tree, the layouts in all the fragments in the dragged items revert to use parent.

I thought this had been reported to Actinic - can't remember why I would think this!

V9.0.2 IFZA
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Hi,

We are aware of the drag-and-drop of a section problem but not after a 'publish to web'.

Dorian, can you answer the following for me please:

1. you say that this happens after a 'publish to web', but can you confirm that you've checked the fragment layouts before you click that button to make sure they are still set as 'text only'?

2. does it happen to all your fragments?

3. do you ever move your sections around?

4. does it upload the fragments with the correct layout (as they look correct to me online)?

5. you say it did it again after you've added some products and then published - how do you add the products (manually or import)? Does it then only happen to sections where products have been added to them?

Sorry for all the questions but as I can't replicate it you must be doing something that I'm not so I need to know what that is.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracy,

To answer your questions:

1) yes - absolutely 100%
            2) I have dozens, so I can't be sure - but it certainly happens to all the fragments in a particular section. The most I've counted is 30.
            3) no - never have.
            4) no - that's the whole point, it doesn't! They look correct to you because I have had to go back in every single time and fix them - every single day.
            5) no - it happens to sections I haven't touched - that's what's so frustrating because I don't know it's happened until days later when I come across it on the web or a customer writes in and tells me. I manually create all my products pages.

I am trying a work around (which I shouldn't really have to do) and that is to set the Parent as 'text only' and then change the fragments I want as main headings (or anything BUT text only). However, it is harder to keep checking this way as of course it's easier to see when there is a heading you don't want, but not so easy when there is no heading that you might have wanted (but because you're not seeing it, you can't remember).

I should also mention that I get error messages from Actinic on a daily basis and am often not able to print out my orders as Actinic crashes when I try and do so, though I don't see any connection between these two issues.

Regards,
            Dorian.
            Dorian
            ------
            www.itmustbegreen.co.uk

Comment

Have you tried compacting the database? This is often worth doing if there's a problem with any of the data or odd behaviour.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

No Mike I haven't - I'll try that now and let you now if it helps.
                Dorian
                ------
                www.itmustbegreen.co.uk

Comment

but it certainly happens to all the fragments in a particular section
                  Which section is this? I have the snapshot you sent into support and would like to see if there's any difference between this one and others.
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Well, every section - but I tend to only check a section at a time. I sent Kiran the last examples, but it definately happens in the Energy Saving section.. I would say that I've noticed it maybe 30 times over the last 2-3 months.

http://www.itmustbegreen.co.uk/acata...l_devices.html
                    http://www.itmustbegreen.co.uk/acata...y_devices.html
                    http://www.itmustbegreen.co.uk/acata...onitoring.html

The above have all been fixed (again) but I guess could break again.
                    Dorian
                    ------
                    www.itmustbegreen.co.uk

Comment

The above have all been fixed (again) but I guess could break again.
                      How do you fix them?
                      Tracey
                      SellerDeck

Comment

as you would set them in the first place, in the fragment layout area
                        Dorian
                        ------
                        www.itmustbegreen.co.uk

Comment

OK, so you change them back and 'publish to web' and this time it works?

The snapshot I have showed that the fragment in the 'Electrical Appliances' section had a layout set to 'Use parent(=Sub Heading)'. I have changed it to 'Text Only', then added a new section and product and uploaded to my local server. The layout is still set to 'Text Only'. I did the same to the 'Standby Solutions' section and again, it stayed at 'Text Only'.

I have noticed that some of your fragment layouts fields are duplicated (for example, the 'FAQ's' fragment in the 'Natural Paints' section) and wonder if this may be causing a problem for you (although it doesn't seem to be for me). The easiest way to get rid of these is to go into the Library and open the 'FragmentLayout' selector (in the 'Fragments' group). Untick the 'Fragments' box in the 'Place of Setting' area and click 'OK'. Then re-open it and re-tick that box and click 'OK'. NOTE that this will reset all of your fragments to using the parent so you will have to go through them all and set the ones you want to be different (it may be a long job but could possibly sort out your problem in the end).
                          Tracey
                          SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

Yes, that would be the problem - I had set it as 'text only' and when I published the site - you go back and see it has changed to 'Use parent(=Sub Heading)' - that's kind of the problem!

I'll try compacting the database (not sure where to do that but I'm sure I can find it) and then I'll also follow your advice and recheck the Fragments' box.

Regards,
                            Dorian.
                            Dorian
                            ------
                            www.itmustbegreen.co.uk

Comment

I'll try compacting the database (not sure where to do that but I'm sure I can find it)
                              Housekeeping | Compact Databases.
                              Tracey
                              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                              X