New Order / Offline Orders tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Order / Offline Orders tab

I have been using the New Orders tab for a while and like how it works but am having problems when we need to change prices. We offer local customers a 5% discount when they buy 6 or more of certain products, so when we put an order through using the New Order tab we have to adjust the unit price by 5%. What happens then is the system for some reason divides the total price by the quantity and displays the unit price as a fraction of what it actually is. This is easier to show than explain . . .

Actual unit price £10.00 each
    Qty 6 = £60.00
    Then to give this order line a 5% discount we override the unit price to £9.50.
    Although the total price is then correct (£57) the display shows:
    Price: £9.50 Qty 6
    (Unit Price £1.58)

Anyone else found this?
    Ali

Cloth nappies and natural baby toiletries from The Totnes Nappy Company

I seem to think someone else reported something similar recently. Will see if I can find the thread (knowing me, I won't!) to see if there as any reply from Actinic.

ETS, I must have imagined it because I can't find anything
    Sorry!
    Tracey

Comment

Hi,

This is the thread I think Tracey means. It has been reported as a bug.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

I ignored that thread when it came up in a search because the title wasn't relevent

It's always nice to know I'm not going crazy though!
        Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
          It's always nice to know I'm not going crazy though!
          Clearly dillusional though......

Comment

Hi,

Have just upgraded to 9.0.4 and this has still not been fixed. Can't quite believe it! I upgraded because I wanted to start using the New Orders tab again and had heard that the bugs had been fixed.

Discounts become complicated and it is difficult to see where you have made a mistake. I don't have time to work it all out on a calculator and then enter it, especially if I have got the customer on the phone at the time. Some of the orders we take offline have a series of discounts and this is a real pig to do here - it has been a breeze on Sage. I don't want to go back to Sage but I know if I try to perservere with the New Orders tab I am going to be cursing it.

Any intention of fixing this, Actinic?
            Ali

Comment

Hi Ali

Sorry, there was a bug in the New Orders tab that was fixed in v9.0.4; and there are a couple more in v9.0.5, which will be available in the next few weeks. But unfortunately this one did not quite make the cut.

We do fully intend to fix this in a following version, but unfortunately I cannot give you a time scale for it.
              Bruce Townsend
              Ecommerce Product Manager
              Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thank you for replying Bruce.

I guess it will be a while yet before I can put orders through the website then. Real shame as it was one of the reasons I went for Actinic Payments and the main reason I upgraded to 9.0.4 - which has now messed up Actinic Link and I can't download orders into Sage anyway, but that is another story.
                Ali

Comment

Working...
                X