Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show Customer Prices on Permutation Grid

Hello,

I'm trying to achieve showing customer price when logged in not just for the product, but also in the permutation grid, so when the customer logs in, and goes to the product page, he sees the Retail Price, His Price, and for the choices he sees his discounted price in the permutation grid next to retail price... has anyone got an idea how to do it, and if it's possible at all?

It's not the end of the world displaying higher price, but when he adds to the cart he actually sees the lower price, but it would look more professional to show lower price before he adds item to the cart.

Any help or advice would be highly appreciated.

I tried to explain it as much as possible, but to support my question, feel free to visit the page, that hopefully will make it more clear...

Another thing, is it possible to hide Product reference in shopping cart for original product when permutation is selected? In other words, instead of having two different references, have just one for product with chosen option.

Thank you for your time spent trying to help me out.

The link for the example: http://www.vistastore.co.uk/products...rout_Grey.html

I think norm at drillpine.biz may be able to help with one of his plugins.

Comment

Whose Norman?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
        Whose Norman?
        pmsl
        stirrer
        Tracey

Comment

wasn't he elected as the new us president!

Comment

Show Customer Prices On Permutation Grid

Oh wow, didn't expect you people reply that quick, thanks for doing it so promptly

Anyway, one idea came into my mind how this could be done, by simply replacing code in permutation price layout
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedPricesAreUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE" >
            <actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>formattedcurrency(<actinic:variable name="PermutationPriceRaw" />, <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />, '<actinic:variable name="MoneyDecimalSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="MoneyThousandSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="DefaultCurrency" />');</actinic:block>
            </actinic:block>
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedPricesAreUsed%22%20%2f%3e" />
            <actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>formattedcurrency(<actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::ProductPriceRaw" />, <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />, '<actinic:variable name="MoneyDecimalSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="MoneyThousandSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="DefaultCurrency" />');</actinic:block>
            with this:

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e">
            <Actinic:PRICES PROD_REF="<actinic:variable Name="ProductID" />" RETAIL_PRICE_PROMPT="<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductPriceDescription"/>">
            <actinic:variable name="PriceListRetail" />
            </Actinic:PRICES>
            it worked. after ive tried to customise the layout a little bit it stopped working, now the prices are fine but when the user logs in, all of the options become same price.

heres the link http://www.vistastore.co.uk/products...rout_Grey.html

and account login details:

Username: test
            Password: test

Any help or advice would be highly appreciated.
            Last edited by vistamaster; 09-Nov-2008, 12:08 PM. Reason: grammar ;)

Comment

Personally anything to do with price formatting or checkout I leave well alone. It looks a bit confusing to me how you have laid it out TBH.

Did you look at norms stuff - his does the price change in real time IIRC

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
                Personally anything to do with price formatting or checkout I leave well alone. It looks a bit confusing to me how you have laid it out TBH.

Did you look at norms stuff - his does the price change in real time IIRC
                i just noticed that ive messed up the prices layout completely for the retail price group when logged in with test account myself

got some more work to do... I was looking at that stuff, and i tried to see script it in action (demo) and it didn't work..

Comment

SOS!!!

Ok, so I decided to restore everything back as it was, and simply add permutations as regular until find better solution, but now, as i put my permutations, when retail customer logs in, the retail price disappears...

for other price groups the retail price shows fine, it's just for retail customer group, retail price disappears

Can someone have a look, and point me to the right direction towards getting the retail price back on... Please.

Rytis

address: http://www.vistastore.co.uk/products...rout_Grey.html

User: test1
                  Pass: test1

Comment

In the account have you got the hide retail prices checkbox ticked?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                      In the account have you got the hide retail prices checkbox ticked?
                      Hi Lee,

No, that account is in retail price group, therefore that tick box is not showing at all...

And also, the retail prices show for that account for the rest of products just fine... Could there be a mistake somewhere in permutation script?

Any other ideas?

I found out, that the price only disappears when "Pricing Model" is set to: "Sum of components prices"

when i set to "product prices" or "Sum of product & components prices" the retail price shows fine.

is this how it works?

Comment

Working...
                      X