Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick query regarding custom variables

hi -

Just a quick query regarding custom variables, as I can't seem to find an answer to this in the 'Help' files.

If I create a custom variable that applies to a Product, and is set in Product | Properties, can I then use that custom variable in the Shopping Cart and Checkout pages?

For instance, 'Product A' has custom 'var1' set to TRUE in Product | Properties.

'Product A' is now placed by the customer into the shopping cart.

In the code for Checkout Page 0 (the Shopping Cart') can I put a BLOCK IF in, that says that if custom var1 = TRUE then { - some code / action - } ? Meaning that if 'Product A' is in the Shopping cart, the {- some code / action - } runs, but if 'Product A' is not in the cart, the {- some code / action - } doesn't run/execute?

Many thanks

Not quite. If you check the "Upload" option when defining a product level variable, then it's value is available to the Cart scripts. You will, however, have to tinker with the Perl scripts if you want to do anything with it.

See http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=28914 where post 5 gives an example of doing this.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Many thanks, I didn't think it would be as simple as I outlined!

But an incredibly useful nugget of information from you as ever for which I am very grateful, although I don't think I'll be tinkering with the perl scripts just yet!
      Even for a small custom element I think I would prefer to go to a professional coder, in due course.

Comment

Working...
      X