• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

product duplicates and sections relationship

Hello -

I'm finding something slightly puzzling -

here's the scenario:

1 original product, 2 duplicates. All in different sections (actually, dupe 1 in Section A, dupe 2 in Section B, original in Section C). I use an extended info page as a single product page, so all the products share this page.

On this extended info page I have put the 'breadcrumb trail' at the top. I used the <actinic:variable name="ParentSectionListTop" /> for this.

My problem is: the breadcrumb trail at the top always shows you are in Section A, whether you get to the extended info page via Section A, Section B, or Section C. Or if you come to the extended page from outside the site, the breadcrumb trail always shows you as in Section A. I would rather it show Section C, given a choice, as Section C is the 'natural home' for the product (I thought moving the product original here would do this, but it didn't).

My question is: is there some 'behind-the scenes' enforced relationship between a product and all its duplicates to one, and just one, section? If so, how can I make sure this is Section C, and not section A or section B?

Hi,

This thread might help.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X