Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erratic CheckOut

Hi everyone

I am getting some erratic results with our checkout ('Smart' Design) - in October 2008 there were 2379 visits to the website, 169 visits to checkout and not one order!

Some people have mentioned that they cannot seem to get through the checkput process?

www.greytowersinteriors.co.uk

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

John

Some people have mentioned that they cannot seem to get through the checkput process
    Yes because they are getting a secure content warning - lots of posts on the subject and possible solutions. usually its incorrect GA code or images

Comment

Thanks Mal.

I've amended the https on the GA inclusions and things are better.

In Internet Explorer 7 mind, I am now getting the yellow bar which states "To help protect your security, Internet Security has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors. Click here for options..."

Obviously, very off putting to a potential buyer.

Not sure where to go with this now?

Kind Regards

John

Comment

There is some odd bits of code in there - revert layouts to factory settings

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mal.

I have reverted 'Works best with Smart' and 'Works best with Smart Brochure Pages' to Factory settings.

This cures the "To help protect your security, Internet Security has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors. Click here for options..." issue but brings back the "this page contains both secure and non-secure items " warning when I go through checkout.

This is very frustrating as 'Works best with Smart' and 'Works best with Smart Brochure Pages' had quite a few design modifications - so I imported the full backup I made before any changes and upload all files again to the server.

It doesn't seem to have written over the last uploaded files? i.e. I still have the 'reverted' files on the server - yet locally the design looks as it should do.

Clearly there must be something in 'Works best with Smart' modified layout which is causing the "To help protect your security, Internet Security has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors. Click here for options..." issue?

Any further advise would be gratefully received.

Thanks

John

Comment

where's your site gone?

i get a webfusion holding page....

in reply to the Q if you browse the site using firefox you can interrogate the SSL cert to see which images/code throw up the insecure message

Comment

I can see the site but some of the layouts are broken in checkout and the item i selected had no price?

But the ssl is not showing any warnings now

Comment

Hi guys

The site is back now.

Cheers.

John

Comment

I've interrogated the SSL cert with Firefox and all that is listed under Media are the image URLS, all https.

e.g.
                  https://secure.greytowersinteriors.c.../top_left2.jpg
                  https://secure.greytowersinteriors.c.../top_right.jpg
                  https://secure.greytowersinteriors.c...background.gif
                  etc

John

Comment

Try using a separate layout for checkout

Comment

But the ssl is not showing any warnings now
                      as darren says the ssl cert is no longer showing errors

is there a different problem now?

Comment

Hi Jo

The only issue now is when I launch the GreyTowers Interiors site, in Internet Explorer 7, when I click on 'Browse by Collection' for instance, I am still getting the yellow bar which states "To help protect your security, Internet Security has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors. Click here for options..."

Comment

IE7 is showing "error on page" athough i am confused as to why it then flags this as a security problem

i'd sort out the error and see if the security warning then goes away.

Comment

I have reverted the 'Works best with Smart' layout to factory settings and this has cured the "To help protect your security, Internet Security has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors. Click here for options..." problem.

But now the "this page contains both secure and non-secure items " warning has returned when I go through checkout.

Comment

But now the "this page contains both secure and non-secure items " warning has returned when I go through checkout
                              Like I said earlier you need separate layouts as having the same layout for all brings one of the two problems into every page ie fix checkout and shop pages are affected and vice versa

Comment

Working...
                              X