Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT problems on invoice

We are running Business 9.0.2.0.0.0IFZA

I've just discovered today that there is a problem with the VAT on some of our orders which has appeared since we upgraded to version 9.

I've tried to trace the issue and it appears that it only affects products with a custom tax.

e.g. the product is £5 inc vat - in actinic we have it at 4.25 with a custom tax of .75 to avoid the rounding error.

The price is correct on the web site but when the product is ordered the invoice shows the product with tax code 006 0.0% and doesn't charge any VAT for those products.

On the order "totals" page under the original column it shows the correct tax but under the current column the tax is incorrect (see attached image).

We've got over 10,000 products not all of them with custom tax but I can't begin to think about checking every one of them. I've temporarily suspended ordering but this is one of our busiest times and its hurting.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Helen
    Attached Files

IMHO dont mess around with the tax.
    Bite the bullet and sell your products with a penny less or more.
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Sorry Helen, I can't think what could be causing this. All I can suggest is that you check all your VAT settings as these would have changed in V9.

You don't need to do this with V9. You can enter your prices including VAT and let actinic work out what that means in terms of how much VAT should be charged.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
        You don't need to do this with V9. You can enter your prices including VAT and let actinic work out what that means in terms of how much VAT should be charged.

Mike
        Doh, should of opened my eyes more. This was a problem with v8.
        Maybe now Helen has upgraded she will find that too
        "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Originally posted by sir.chunk View Post
          The frustrating thing is that it work perfectly well in previous versions - this problem has only come about since the upgrade to version 9.

Is the answer then to check every product? How do you enter the price inclusive of VAT - surely if I do that then I'll have to re-enter the prices for all 10,000+ products?

Thanks

Helen

Comment

Helen, changing all your prices doesn't make much sense at this point.

The things I would do are:

1. Check all the VAT settings to make sure they're all correct. V9 has some different settings so these might have been set wrongly on upgrade.

2. If If that doesn't work I would export a csv file and look at the prices in excel. With a bit of luck you should be able to find the ones with custom VAT and then go in and change just those ones to be VAT inclusive.

3. I can't see this as being a fix in 9.0.3 but given the seriousness of the problem I would raise it with Actinic as a bug. It doesn't look as if you can test this on the 9.0.3 beta without a live site, but I would consider using 9.0.3 as soon as it's released.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Helen

There were a huge number of changes made to the invoice between V8 and V9, you need to contact Actinic with this issue because it might well be a bug.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for the replies I will submit a support request.

I've just done a test order and all through the checkout phase the VAT was correct and the order confirmation email is correct - the problem happens when the order is downloaded - weird.

In the meantime we'll just have to check all the invoices we process and manually amend those that are wrong.

Helen

Comment

Originally posted by stampingmad View Post
                  Thanks for the replies I will submit a support request.

I've just done a test order and all through the checkout phase the VAT was correct and the order confirmation email is correct - the problem happens when the order is downloaded - weird.

In the meantime we'll just have to check all the invoices we process and manually amend those that are wrong.

Helen
                  Helen,

We have exactly the same problem at the moment (on the same version of business incidentally). Support have been looking at it for the last three days, but it seems that we have to do all the chasing from our end, as keeping us updated doesn't seem to be a priority.

Mind you, with the 9.03 release being pulled (thankfully we didn't upgrade, although it was suggested to us at one point), I'm sure they have their hands full at the moment. Doesn't help us though, unfortunately

Hopefully they will come up with a resolution soon, as I don't fancy trawling through tons of products that worked perfectly in the past.

Phil.

Comment

Working...
                  X