Cant Open Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant Open Actinic

Hey... I opened up an old site in actinic (9) and I presume the last time I opened it it was with some older configuration and as such it came up with an error and pretty much crashed the machine. And due to the fact that Actinic tries to open up the previous site every time you open it, I can not log in at the moment. The error is:

"Actinic was unable to connect to the Synchronization server. Please check network connections and that the Sync server is running. Would you like to retry or exit Actinic"

Can any one help?

Originally posted by Folk View Post
    Hey... I opened up an old site in actinic (9) and I presume the last time I opened it it was with some older configuration and as such it came up with an error and pretty much crashed the machine. And due to the fact that Actinic tries to open up the previous site every time you open it, I can not log in at the moment. The error is:

"Actinic was unable to connect to the Synchronization server. Please check network connections and that the Sync server is running. Would you like to retry or exit Actinic"

Can any one help?
    I had a similar problem a while back and got out of it by

1/ Backup the site folder in question (just take a copy)

2/ copy the contents of a working site folder into the site folder with the problem.

3/ run actinic.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

You could try opening up the "Run" facility on your PC and try:

"C\Program Files\Actinic v9\Catalog.exe" /s "Site1"

Include the Quotes and substitute Site1 with the name of the site you wish to open

Army Gore-tex
      Winter Climbing Mitts
      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Or leave it with site 1 and when it opens change sites
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
          Or leave it with site 1 and when it opens change sites
          Except that there's a chance there isn't a site 1 site (if the site/folder name has been changed)
          Tracey

Comment

Working...
          X