• Show
Clear All

"It always used to.
    In fact I just checked and it does."

Glad we got that one sorted out

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
      Roger sorry off topic but if you use "Acronis" for your backups...
      Thanks for the advice Chris, not off topics at all.
      To be honest, I'm pretty well covered with backups etc.
      I run 4 PC's through a server.
      Snapshots are saved to the server which is backed up daily.
      In addition, my PC, (and Laptop) have the Actinic directories backed up a few times a day to a separate large external drive.
      (I use SyncToy for this).

My issue is that v9.0.3, at least for some designers, is so fragile you only have to give it a dirty look and it faints!
      Snapshots take time and so does recovery.
      I am currently working, (new and upgrades), on 5 carts with another 3 ready to start after Christmas.
      Fixing Actinic has never featured in my normal workflow in the past, but now is a major factor.

Comment

things haven't improved on the bug front since v8 was released

http://community.actinic.com/showpos...7&postcount=19

my post refers to an 8.04 to 8.5.1 upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
          > Actinic used to check for this in the paste operation. But the performance overhead became too great with large sites, and we had to move the duplicate check. It now takes place during upload. In previous versions, unfortunately the check was not thorough enough. v903 picks up duplications that previous versions missed.
          Another feature that seems to be new in V9 is you can setup a section with no page name, Actinic then allocates one for you, but this name is not picked up in the menu so that you get a menu option that leads nowhere. Is this another feature related to the movement of the duplicates check?

Can I add my vote to a selectable option where I can run the checks that occur during upload at a point I choose, i.e. as a menu option?

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
          Custom Packages

Comment

Another feature that seems to be new in V9 is you can setup a section with no page name, Actinic then allocates one for you, but this name is not picked up in the menu so that you get a menu option that leads nowhere.
            Actinic has always allocated a page name if you don't specify one. By default it will use the section name followed by .html, and with spaces replaced by underscores. As for it not being picked up in the menu, I have never seen that, and having just tried it I can't reproduce it. Any time that happens I think you need to raise it with support.
            Bruce Townsend
            Ecommerce Product Manager
            Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
              Actinic has always allocated a page name if you don't specify one. By default it will use the section name followed by .html, and with spaces replaced by underscores. As for it not being picked up in the menu, I have never seen that, and having just tried it I can't reproduce it. Any time that happens I think you need to raise it with support.
              I am working on a snapshot from a client that has a number of sections which are missing the page name. Having uploaded the site to a host site (Actinic hosting) I found that selecting the option from the navigation menu did not access the required page. Adding a name to the section and then publishing the site cured the problem.

I still have the original snapshot if you would like to take a look (approx 12Mb), I have an account with SendThisFile if it is too big for email, I just need an email address to send the download details.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

It's not normally possible to create a section with no page name in Actinic, so it could be a database corruption. But if a page does have no name, it presumably can't exist on the web site, so IMO Actinic is right not to link to it...

I'm afraid if wouldn't be much help for me to look at your snapshot. I know I'm labelled 'developer' in this community, and I do sit within that team, but I'm a product manager not a technical dude. You need to contact support in the first instance, and if they are unable to help, they will escalate the problem to a developer.
                Bruce Townsend
                Ecommerce Product Manager
                Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Hey Malcolm
                  Originally posted by malbro View Post
                  I am working on a snapshot from a client that has a number of sections which are missing the page name. Having uploaded the site to a host site (Actinic hosting) I found that selecting the option from the navigation menu did not access the required page. Adding a name to the section and then publishing the site cured the problem.
                  Don't suppose your client was using v4 or an old version of Actinic and upgraded to v8/v9? If so, then this could explain why the pagename is blanked out, BruceT is right, Actinic should always populate the page name with the section name, but if you was on an old version of Actinic then it could be the reason. One thing I would mention if this is the case, is that the "ActinicCatalog.mdb" that holds all the data may be in Access97 format (Common for v4), so if you have Access2000, then you would need to upgrade the version of 97 to 2000 (otherwise you may get other problems).

If you wasn't on an old version, then please disregards this

Kind Regards

Comment

Originally posted by NRasool View Post
                    If you wasn't on an old version, then please disregards this

Kind Regards
                    Hi

It is a new site done in version 9.0.2, I have just tried in V8.5.3 and V9.0.3 and in both versions I can delete the page name and Actinic allows me to save the section without a html page name. For me that is very strange behaviour which I did not expect, the lack of a link in the menu doesn't surprise me as the page name field is empty.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

I've got a site in 8.5.3 also that has numerous sections without page names. Looks like a bug to me, i never saw it in 8.5.2. Either 8.5.3 is deleting this info or it is allowing a blank field, which is clearly not good. I suspect 9.0.3 has inherited this problem from 853.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                        I've got a site in 8.5.3 also that has numerous sections without page names. Looks like a bug to me, i never saw it in 8.5.2. Either 8.5.3 is deleting this info or it is allowing a blank field, which is clearly not good. I suspect 9.0.3 has inherited this problem from 853.
                        Lee

I deliberately deleted the page name and saved it to see what happened and I was allowed to do it, like you I believe that the software should catch this, at least a warning message.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

If it is allowing you to delete it, then that clearly is bonkers I agree.

Comment

OK, where are we now with V9? We're just about to start on a brand new shop/site - do we use 902 or 903 (or some other version....)?

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

for a brand new site i'd probably wade in with 903.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark H View Post
                                OK, where are we now with V9? We're just about to start on a brand new shop/site - do we use 902 or 903 (or some other version....)?
                                The 'bugs' in 9.0.3 also exist in version back to 8.5.3 so I agree with Jo especially if its a new site.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
                                X