Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blank MOTO Form - Confused Layout or Selector Perhaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank MOTO Form - Confused Layout or Selector Perhaps?

This one has me really confused, i've seen the fix in the forum but it doesn't work for me, nor does the grab all MOTO layouts from a clean design idea. On both 902 and 903 I get an almost blank new order form. If i select the MOTO Form on the design tab, i actually get the 'Standard MOTO Product Layout' as the Layout Code and it just has Cost Price and quantity box showing, that is it.

However if i go into the design library, and open up the MOTO Form, copy-paste the contents into the Product Layout, just to see what it is or looks like, the form jumps into life on the design tab. The 'New Order' tab remains almost blank though as on the design tab. On the surface it looks to me like the New Order tab and the MOTO Form in the drop down list are looking at the wrong thing to display. Hopefully that makes sense to someone else, I am still yet to see the New Order tab working.

Does this help?
    http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=39917

or this? (Last post).
    http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=39921

Comment

I'm assuming you've tried a compact/restart after editting the moto form (which is what you're effectively doing) as I've found it needs this sometimes to reflect changes on the actually New Order tab.

Is it possible to do a design snapshot just bringing over all the MOTO layouts etc?

(edit, just read your other thread and seen you tried that ..ignore me LOL)
      Tracey

Comment

Hi Roger

Unfortunately no, those are the details i referred to in my post that i have tried.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          This one has me really confused

How soon he forgets his mocking words on the same subject http://community.actinic.com/showpos...0&postcount=17

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I hadn't forgot lol, that was hidden away in the designer forum where few venture. Problems with this seem erratic so though i'd open it up to the masses, see if anything else could surface. Alas it doesn't look like it works unless you have a standard theme that you do not touch.

Comment

I don't add products any more to my Actinic sites - I use the default products on the Executive theme.

I am looking for a new supplier of Great Expectations as have sold out and have 5 more orders awaiting delivery. If anyone can supply at £2.50 or less we can do business.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

LOL Jonty.

Comment

I passed the following solution onto Lee offline and he has confirmed that it has worked for him and he can now see the MOTO form:

1. go to 'Design|Themes|Advanced Themes Configuration|Advanced Page Configuration' , scroll to the bottom. For the line 'Moto Form', set the 'Outer Layout Selector to 'MotoForm' and the 'Inner Layout Selector' to 'MainArea' and click 'OK' and 'OK' again.

2. the go to the 'Library', on the 'Layouts' tab expand the 'MOTO Form' group. Open the 'MOTOForm' selector. On the Values tab, remove and re-add the 'Standard MOTO Form' layout. Click 'OK'.
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

I passed the following solution onto Lee offline and he has confirmed that it has worked for him and he can now see the MOTO form:

1. go to 'Design|Themes|Advanced Themes Configuration|Advanced Page Configuration' , scroll to the bottom. For the line 'Moto Form', set the 'Outer Layout Selector' to 'MotoForm' and the 'Inner Layout Selector' to 'MainArea' and click 'OK' and 'OK' again.

2. go to the 'Library', on the 'Layouts' tab expand the 'MOTO Form' group. Open the 'MOTOForm' selector. On the Values tab, remove and re-add the 'Standard MOTO Form' layout. Click 'OK'.
                    Tracey
                    SellerDeck

Comment

This does not work for me.
                      Also, if you're not careful to select your own image in step one it will trash your layout.

Check out this streaming video I made to demostrate the point.
                      Caution, it is 8mb. Also not Studio Quality!
                      CLICK HERE

Comment

Hi Roger,

That is very strange. It certainly looks like there's some IDs messed up in the database. Have we got a snapshot for this site? If not can you upload one somewhere and send me a link to download it from so I can take a look at it please.
                        Tracey
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Yes, Support have a snapshot, I have a ticket open on this and other associated issues, gg is looking himself.

Comment

I've spoken to Gary and it looks like development are close to sorting this one out for you. Gary will contact you when it's fixed.
                            Tracey
                            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                            X