Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choosing the best payment method to suit everyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing the best payment method to suit everyone.

Hi There,

My clients website sells to customers all over the globe and he has set up the website so:
    • 1. UK customers use Secure Hosting only
    • 2. International use the normal credit card system already set in actinic and then the client checks out the order, where it is coming from, how much it is, and then they take very small amounts from the customers account and get the customer to get back to them confirming the amount, I think this is mainly in France as the banks don't like to hand out any information on the card holder where as in other countries the banks can confirm the card holder to the card. (hope that makes scene?)
    • 3. And then they also use Paypal which everyone can use.

The problem is the checkout page for this has become increasingly confusing and the client is concerned that orders will be lost from this, because the checkout pages is telling UK customers not to add your card details below but click the next button, half the time they do anyway then get annoyed because they have to do it again with Secure Trading payment page

My question is, is there a 3rd party payment system out there which is safe for every type of customer to use which will offer maximum security so it minimizes any fraud from happening?

My client has lost quite a large sum of money to a fraud card in Europe so im keen to find a solution they he has confidence in.

I look forward to your responses.

Many thanks

Angi
    christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    skatewarehouse.co.uk
    progrow.co.uk
    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Nothing is fail safe against fraud. However, it is increasingly difficult for fraudsters to get past the Verified by Visa, MasterCard SecureCode and 3D Secure checks. If a transaction is dodgy, then any decent PSP will flag this up and the owner has the chance to accept or reject the payment.

We use HSBC and Protx and take orders from all over the world. We haven't had a single chargeback in 7 years. Maybe we're just lucky, or maybe it's the fact that we check and re-check if there is the slightest hint of something amiss.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

the normal credit card system already set in actinic and then the client checks out the order, where it is coming from, how much it is, and then they take very small amounts from the customers account and get the customer to get back to them confirming the amount,
      This is now not allowed - you need to read up a bit

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
        This is now not allowed - you need to read up a bit
        Aren't Paypal still doing this to verify accounts?

Comment

to do this in v8 they must be downloading card details which is what I Kent.

Comment

Thanks Jules for your helpful feedback I shall let the client know.
            skatewarehouse.co.uk
            progrow.co.uk
            cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Sorry I also wanted to ask does anyone know much about http://www.the3rdman.co.uk/

I don't know if any of you guys have used them before and have found them any good?

Thanks

Angi
              skatewarehouse.co.uk
              progrow.co.uk
              cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X