setting up emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

setting up emails

Hi, I'm having a bit of a horrible night,seem to be hitting a few brick walls

has anyone had any problems setting up a 1and1 email account in actinic. Actinic doesn't seem to be able to find the mail server! I have tested the email and it works ok. Does anyone have any ideas

thanks

deborah

You have 2 options, search the forum, this used to be an incredibly common problem with the solution mentioned a number of times or you can tell us what you have tried and what you currently have, along with your hosting setup, so we can take an informed look. It usually revolved around incorrect naming on the smtp details I believe, where oneandone or 1and1 seems to create much confusion. I'd be very surprised if full 1 and 1 settings were not already provided in the forum too.

Comment

thanks, I'll have a look around and see what I can find, not sure if its more/less reasuring to know I'm not the only one to have a problem with 1 and 1 !!

thanks for help

Comment

They host a lot of actinic sites, you need to be on a certain level package and this smtp confusion is all you ever hear about them, so they're pretty good i'd say.

The 'Upload and Server Problems' forum should be your starting point.

Comment

thanks again, I'm sure I'm having a "users error" rather than any hosting issues

Comment

This is on the first page in that forum and should be all you need i think - http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=38911

Comment

Originally posted by deborahMac View Post
              has anyone had any problems setting up a 1and1 email account in actinic. Actinic doesn't seem to be able to find the mail server! I have tested the email and it works ok. Does anyone have any ideas
              Attached are the standard 1and1 network settings incl. email.

Note that there is no SMTPUSERNAME or SMTPPASSWORD entered - these settings should be left blank as a rule.

Lee is right when he says you need a certain level of package from 1and1 to run Actinic. The Business package is the minimum.
              Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
              X