Multi-site corruption errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-site corruption errors

Having just uploaded a third site last night I experienced an error concerning the 'buyer index' which rendered all 3 brochure sites useless.

I think it may be related to cgi-bin cross usage.

Our sites are hosted on Webfusion with a main cgi-bin in the root and 3 seperate directories within the public_html folder.

We are accessing the sites at www.xxxxxxxxx.co.uk/client with different client names relating to the different folders, all point to the main cgi-bin in the root

With one site uploaded, it works fine (the current status - as we cannot present a faulty site to clients), with two or more we get a 'buyer index' error and cross referenced top level pages.

Uploading the sites is being carried out fine with no issues - only changing the site directory within the FTP settings.

Am I missing something? Do we need seperate cgi-bin's, domains or is there something more sinister happening

Have you got different script numbers for each site, if not, then make sure you do.

Comment

Thanks Lee!

I had just done a Google search outside the forum and came across the same advice.

Seems we have 2 sites with the same script ID number and I am pretty confident that is the issue.

The previous IT bod had struggled with the same issue for 6 months so I am glad to have found out on my 5th day with Actinic.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X