Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinifying a graphic design

Hi folks

Im hoping to use a website layout done in Photoshop as the template for my actinic site instead of teh usual way which is to start a new store with actinic and then try to customse that

Once i have coverted the design into html with dreamweaver, whats my chances of just pasting in the relevant code snippets from actinic and saving it as a master template that makes all pages; (brochure, catalog and checkout) all the same?

im hoping that it can be as easy as pasting in the relevant code in the <head> section, then the <body> section, save as act_primary.html and its done si?

If anyone has any tips that would be great, or if anyone would like to quote me a price for soing this please contact me

Barry

Make sure you have either V8 or V9 of actinic and read up on the Dreamweaver integration, your life will be made much easier using that .

Comment

why don't you just use the Dreamweaver plugin in Actinic for inserting the Actinic content into your DW design?
      The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

thanks for the replies!

im using V8.5.2 (i think)

Ive read up in the helpfiles on Registering a Design with actinic (and hopefully starting from there?) but that option is always greyed out, does that seem right? even with actinic open that is and also after clicking in the Edit Layout In dreamweaver button, still cant use the Register a Design menu option

thanks for your help

Comment

so if you open your (for instance) index.html in DW (don't worry about Actinic being open, once you register the design it will open automatically) the Actinic menu is visible but greyed out?

Or haven't you created the html file yet?
          Attached Files
          The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Did you install the DW Extention when you installed Actinic?
            If not then go to C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Extensions\Dreamweaver\Actinic_Assistant
            and double click on the extension to install it via the DW Extention Manager.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
              Did you install the DW Extention when you installed Actinic?
              I'm assuming he has Duncan because he said the option was greyed out..
              The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

You can't use the "Edit Layout In dreamweaver button" if you haven't even created it. You need to register a design first and you can then happily work away in either actinic or DW as normal.

Comment

thanks guys

I do have the dreamweaver extension installed, i use it a lot with the Edit Layout In Dreamweaver button

even if i first create a file the Register A Design button is greyed out

Comment

In Dreamweaver first save the file in your Actinic Site1 folder, then you can register the design.
                    Also make sure you set your DW site to be the same location as the Actinic Site1 folder.

Comment

Urgent!

Thanks Malcom that worked, i still maged to cock it up though, i thought that saving a test design in the site1 folder would be ok, but of course it has replaced all the page context with a blank design! oh no! ive uploaded it has well before realising!

anyone have any ideas on fixing it? ive reset the templates in Setting, Site Options to use my origanl templates but they too are showing the blank design

yikes, just sent out 3000 emails as well

Comment

No snapshot available?

Comment

please.... dont....no

Comment

phew! i think i fixed it by resetting all the parent sections templates to the old ones

i think i figured out the Rgistering a Design with Actinic too, wow, talk about a moment of enlightenment! wish i knew this years ago!

thanks once again gents of the forum

Comment

Working...
                            X