Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can i move a fragment above the products listings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how can i move a fragment above the products listings?

Hi,

I have a section page which has a list of products on it.

I would like to add a small bit of content/information about the products above the list of products, at the top of the page.

So I have created a fragment to put this content in (as I initially thought this content can go in the description box on the section, but it doesn't display).
    The fragment appears at the bottom of the section page, underneath all of the products listed.

How can I tell the fragment to display above the products lists?

Aimee please search the forum before posting, this must have been mentioned at least 50 times already with solutions provided. Duplicate posts like this just make it harder for genuine searchers to find a solution.

Comment

Hi Lee,

I have spent the whole afternoon searching the forum for fragment questions but can't seem to find one regarding such a simple question as mine. They are alll regarding something much more complicated.

If you can suggest a post for me to read then please do so.

Cheers

Comment

Rather than me searching the forum, hows about you tell us the search terms you have been using 'all afternoon' (cough cough) and we can teach you how to search in a more clever fashion. You will learn far more that way, everything you will ever need to ask has been answered in the forum already. I'd be delighted to help you improve at searching.

TIP 1: Use the Google search.
        TIP 2: Don't BS that you've searched all afternoon.

Comment

This may help:
          http://community.actinic.com/showpos...66&postcount=3

Comment

Hi Lee,

Thank you very much for your most patronising post! In regards to my searching, tip 1, no I haven't been using the google search, I have been using the forum search facility at http://community.actinic.com/search.php.

In regards to tip 2... I am not BSing you when I say I have been reading up on fragments all afternoon!

I have read no end of posts on how to do complicated things with fragments, when all I want to do is very simple (I just didn't know how).

So thank you very much to Duncan who pointed me to a post that had a very simple and quick solution. Needless to say, I hadn't found this post during my afternoon of reading!

Comment

I used the standard Forum search with phrase:
              Fragment AND Position

Many people don't realise that you can use logical AND in the search phrase.

Comment

4hrs of searching fragment info on the forum and not once did you ever see one regarding the positioning of fragments. If you stick around Aimee, you will see within a very short time, how impossible that actually is.

I have no problems with designers who are new to the software, we all started somewhere, but don't take the mic out of people, put some effort in yourself. And don't BS us!

PS: There's a tutorial on my site about fragments, happy reading.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                  Many people don't realise that you can use logical AND in the search phrase.
                  Joe Public maybe Duncan, Web Designers, no way IMO.

Search Tips (provided on the forum, by the forum) AND (on the page the poster links to?)
                  • To search for a three letter word e.g. PHP or SSL try putting a * after it e.g. 'PHP*'
                  • To search for a phrase, use quote marks e.g. "Quantity Dependent Prices".
                  • If you enter more than one search word, and Actinic will automatically look for threads that contains all the words.
                  • To look for threads containing any of your search words, put 'OR' in between your search words.
                  • To exclude words from the search, put 'NOT' before the search word e.g. 'script' AND 'error' NOT 'javascript'.
                  • To search on special characters such as '@' or '&', put a '\' in front of them - e.g. '1\&1'.
                  • You can also use '*' as a wildcard e.g. *ctinic will find the word 'Actinic'.

Comment

Working...
                  X