Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(what have I missed?) Aligning section links

Simple really.

The calendar section link, second row, on the left...

http://www.footballheaven.net/acatalog/shop.html

...whys it not centered like the rest of 'em but it seems to be left aligned?

It has the same Section/Section Link Layout as the rest?

Well, I need it centered anyway, so whats next?
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

The <td>'s on the list layout need centering, they have no alignment, nor do they have any widths specified. They currently will look like '<td valign="top">, they want to be looking like <td valign="top" align="center" width="33%">. You have the inner table with centered cells (the section link layout), but have no alignment set on the list layout.

EDIT: Only add the width, if all section links display 3 wide.

Comment

I suspected that its was a centre/left align issue, but the other section links are using the same layout and they are centred?

Looks like I dont have my head round this seemingly simple nudge at all!
      Football Heaven

Comment

It looks like they are centered i agree, it is the description text making the difference, this expands the section link layout table making it look centered, when in fact it is not, it is just filling the available space, where the funny one is not using all the space.

Imagine 3 boxes next to each other 150px wide (wrapper), in the left box there is a 100px box (section link layout), and then in the middle and right box, they are 150px wide (section link layouts). These inner boxes (section link layouts) are all set to center their content, BUT the 'wrapper' boxes are set to align left. Because the left section link layout is smaller, it appears to be left aligned, when in fact they are all aligned left, it is just that the 2 to the right use more space (because of the description) and therefore fill the 150px, giving the illusion they are centered and the left one is not. They are all in fact left aligned.

Add border="1" to the section layout table, you will see it then if that still doesn't explain it very well.

Comment

....or take the simple approach and just add some descriptive text that is long enough to wrap more than the width.
          Attached Files

Comment

Incidentally I just installed firebug 1.3b(eta) which seems to have solved the problem I had with 1.2.1 that didn't open the html after clicking on an element when Inspecting.

Comment

Cheers for the replies chaps. I've added some text for now and I'll look into adding the centering tags later.

Lee, you've no idea how I was convinced was that I'd the wrong template chosen "somewhere" lol.
              Football Heaven

Comment

Working...
              X