Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you add a discount to a specific customer account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you add a discount to a specific customer account?

Or do you have to add it to the customer group and that's the only option.

Also how do you make prices invisible to people who aren't logged in? I thought it was a simple case of un checking the 'enabled' box under the prices tab of each product. However, the inbuilt help makes it sound like it just stops them purchasing.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Stacey,

Or do you have to add it to the customer group and that's the only option.
    This is how to do it but if you want it to apply to only one customer, create a new customer group and only add the one account to it.

Also how do you make prices invisible to people who aren't logged in? I thought it was a simple case of un checking the 'enabled' box under the prices tab of each product. However, the inbuilt help makes it sound like it just stops them purchasing.
    Unticking the 'enabled' box will remove the price and the add to cart button. You should be able to see the effect on the preview pane.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

I've just upgraded from v6 direct to v9 so have not gone through the v8 stage - I've just been looking at discounts and am having problems doing what I want;; this thread is the closest one I can find to a similar set of issues.

What I want to do is this:-

For certain specific customers (or 1-customer groups) I want to be able to define quantity-specific discounts, e.g. over £500 10% discount, over £1000 15%, though the thresholds and levels may be different for different groups. I would also like of course for retail to be different.

I can find a way of defining a customer-specific overall discount, but only a global quantity-specific discount.

Can I do what I want and if so how? The user guide doesn't reaslly help me.

Nick
      Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

Comment

It's best not to add two posts the same as people will probably still see your first post and it's tidier to have the information in one place. For the issue, try the Actinic Help menu > search for "Customer Groups" and it has details on both "Creating A Customer Group" and "Editing The Amount Of Discount".
        Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
          It's best not to add two posts the same as people will probably still see your first post and it's tidier to have the information in one place. For the issue, try the Actinic Help menu > search for "Customer Groups" and it has details on both "Creating A Customer Group" and "Editing The Amount Of Discount".
          Sorry, only realised I had posted on the v8 board after the event - mine is a v9 issue.

Please don't post here anymore - go to

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=46796

where I make some more comments.

Nick
          Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X