No announcement yet.

Tax Man strikes again - Inclusive/Exlusive VAT prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On ours we have the sites set up excluding vat and imput products as excluding vat, then using the price layout and simple tax you get both showing and a vat report on the invoice.
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Morning!

Darren,

I think this is 50/50 of what we're looking for.

You have prices shown as Excluding vat on product pages (with the inclusive price in brackets) - your checkout then shows the excluding vat price, as well as the amount of vat paid, and thus, the total price paid.

We want to show the inclusive price (ie. the price we entered into the Price field on the product within Actinic) on the product page - and let the checkout show the XYZ% of that as VAT, so the customer can see how much VAT is being paid, as well as getting this info on the invoices.

Is this possible? Even the endless possibilities are starting to confuse me now!

In other words - I want to do what Chris is doing, except I want to input prices Including vat, show prices including vat - but let the checkout show the price breakdown dependent on the vat rate.

I'm now on the hunt for an actinic site which shows the way I'm looking for.

---EDIT---

Rich, your http://www.denbigharmysurplus.co.uk site seems to have exactly what I'm looking for. Any chance you could inform me of the settings you have used to get the prices on the product page to show including vat, and the checkout to show the full price as well as how much of the price is actually vat.

Cheers,
      Grant

Comment

Just for future reference, in case somebody has the same issue I did.

I have now enabled 'Inclusive of Tax' and set the rate at 17.5% (for the remainder of this week, anyway)

On the Design tab, click on your product price (on 'Content Page').

Ensure the layout shown matches what you have selected, in my instance,

Product Price Including Tax

If that is correct, expand that price layout (ie. double click it) and check the variables shown are correct.

Although my layout was set to Product Price Including Tax (as per the setting I selected in Business Settings) - the actual underlying code of this layout showed the TaxExclusivePrice variable, not TaxInclusivePrice.

And now I feel like a bit of a t*t after sitting all day yesterday mentally determined that Actinic was broken HaHa.

Thanks for all your help guys, it seems Rich's initial investigation seems to have sparked Mike's imagination, as his advice got my brain thinking earlier this morning and he was right - the layout code was messed up (despite the fact we've never touched product price layouts before).

Thanks again,
        Grant

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
          I can only assume it has something to do with the layout you have on the Cart and Checkout pages. Which Layouts are you using?
          I tried to point you in the right direction here...

Army Gore-tex
          Winter Climbing Mitts
          webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
          Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
            I tried to point you in the right direction here...
            My mistake.

Please see the amended post above which now reads like a terrible ramble

Comment

Sometimes a break is all it takes before you spot it, glad you got there eventually

Comment

Working...
              X