Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up Special Offers

Hi everyone,

I have an online food shopping website, and i wish to do special offers to my customers on certain products each week.
    for Eg> Buy one get one free, or buy 2 for 5 euros etc.

I am using Actinic V8 and i don't seem to have any options to be able to set up these offers on individual products.

I need to set up a system where a customer can buy at normal price if say they are buying 1 of an item where they would pay normal price, but if they buy 2 of a special offer product, i need my website to discount to the offer value on the customers checkout invoice before they pay.

Do i need to upgrade to a different version of actinic? and if so, firstly what do i need to upgrade too?, and will this upgrade affect my Website in anyway?

Anybodies advise would be most grateful.

www.onestopfoodsuk.com

Kind regards
    Simon Dunn

Converting to Actinic Business

Sorry people let me re-ask the question.

It shows in the Help on my Actinic v8 that i need to Upgrade to Business version to be able to do individual offers on products.
    Can any one tell me, if i upgrade to Business, will this affect my website in anyway as in the look and the running of my website, payment options, shipping etc?
    as i don`t want to cause any problems for myself.
    Has anyone done this before? and did it go smoothly?

Comment

i don`t want to cause any problems for myself
      Then dont use the special offer gif taken from one of my clients websites

Comment

There should be no effect at all, just more functionality within the software itself. With snapshots, the path of return is never closed anyway, only if you don't use them.

Comment

Shame on you image thief. You online pilferer you.

Comment

599??

Blimey, well just found out that to upgrade to Actinic from v8 to business will cost me an extra 599 pounds that's around 718 euros to me.
            Is this correct?
            There are only a few extras in Business version compared to V8 Catalog so why is it so expensive to upgrade???
            I only really need it to be able to do special offers, as at the moments its very messy and im having to deduct it off manually in the order section.
            This not only looks unprofessional but also when i start to optimize to attract away from only local customers who mainly pay cash on delivery, there is no way i can offer these special offers with out doing refunds on credit cards, and that's just crazy. But im not sure its worth spending another 718 euros just on that

Surely there must be a cheaper alternative?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
              There should be no effect at all, just more functionality within the software itself. With snapshots, the path of return is never closed anyway, only if you don't use them.
              Cheers for that, thats good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
                Bumped a post as it appears actionless

Comment

Is this taken from another website? I asked a friend to do me a flashing or moving special offers button as i don't know how to do it. Are you saying this has been copied?
                  If so, very sorry and will have serious words with my so called friend.... Please confirm where he got it from before i put my foot in my mouth though...
                  If this is i will get it changed....

Comment

Originally posted by Onestopfoodsuk View Post
                    Blimey, well just found out that to upgrade to Actinic from v8 to business will cost me an extra 599 pounds that's around 718 euros to me. Is this correct?
                    Sounds a little pricey, was this for V8 or V9 business?

There are only a few extras in Business version compared to V8 Catalog so why is it so expensive to upgrade????
                    There is more than a few extras, but like most things, you may not use or want them all. With what you are saying, i reckon V9 business is what you need, the MOTO form could be perfect for you.

I only really need it to be able to do special offers, as at the moments its very messy and im having to deduct it off manually in the order section. This not only looks unprofessional but also when i start to optimize to attract away from only local customers who mainly pay cash on delivery, there is no way i can offer these special offers with out doing refunds on credit cards, and that's just crazy. But im not sure its worth spending another 718 euros just on that.
                    The price may have shocked you a little, but you need to think a bit more long term. If adding this feature to your site will not have saved you this amount a few times over within the first year, then i'd suggest it's not a great idea in the first place.

Comment

The flashing logo is from cheapmowers.com

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                        Sounds a little pricey, was this for V8 or V9 business?

There is more than a few extras, but like most things, you may not use or want them all. With what you are saying, i reckon V9 business is what you need, the MOTO form could be perfect for you.

The price may have shocked you a little, but you need to think a bit more long term. If adding this feature to your site will not have saved you this amount a few times over within the first year, then i'd suggest it's not a great idea in the first place.
                        Thanks for that, yes you have some good points there.
                        I wrote to Actinic sales and got this reply,
                        (Thank you for your e-mail. You can upgrade to business from Catalog for £599. If you stay on 8 it will be a simple case of entering the key, if you go to 9 there will be some work involved to upgrade but it should be to hard to do.)
                        Seems a bit steep to me for an upgrade from one version to another. I think this price is for V8 Business.... Did anyone els pay this amount for an upgrade from v8 to business?
                        I have been reading up on threads posted about V9 and seen people have had a few problems with the upgrade with there sites.
                        Have these problems now been solved?
                        There was talk and advice on there to wait for a fix version V9.5, is this out now? or are people still getting problems?

I think the one page order feature sounds good, and to be able to integrate with epos when we one day convert our till software to Actinic epos in our store will make life easier and be able to run stock monitoring as we currently cant do this.

My main worry is uploading a whole new set of problems that i don't have time or the knowledge to deal with. the site has only been open to customers for 8 weeks and in that critical stage of gaining new customers. At the moment i have no issues with the site as (touch wood) everything is running smoothly but do need the Offers feature.

Comment

you're the second person to get that quote in less than a week so I suspect it's correct as a 'same version' catalog to business upgrade.

and, I agree, it's pricey

*sighs*
                          Tracey

Comment

The flashing logo is from cheapmowers.com
                            Bloody hell so it is. Really sorry about that, i will get it changed asap.
                            I will have words.....
                            Please accept my apologies. I will have a read up and do it my self this time.
                            They say if you want something doing properly do it your self....

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
                              you're the second person to get that quote in less than a week so I suspect it's correct as a 'same version' catalog to business upgrade.

and, I agree, it's pricey

*sighs*
                              thanks tracey, good to know, thought perhaps it was wrong..... Is worse for me as i am based in Spain so have to pay in Euros lol

Ow well looks like im going to have to think about this, even more reason to make sure there are no glitches still in the upgrade to business v9

Comment

Working...
                              X