Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide Section on Products Page

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to remove "Register for an Account" product section from products page, and the product page itself should be visible only to unregistered customers. Once the customer logs in, I want him not to be able to see that registration page. So far I've managed to make product invisible for registered customers, but I want the message to be displayed "You already have an account with us."

The weird bit is that any customer clicks on products link, they see that Registration product section inside, and my question would be if it's possible to remove it or hide it so it's not visible at all but stays active when clicked from elsewhere?

Ofcourse option: "hide it on website" not good enough as it removes the section completely.

See for yourself: http://www.vistastore.co.uk/products/index.html

I don't see the link?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      I don't see the link?

Are you serious? It's the first one on the left at the top with user icon

Comment

So when a customer logs in, you want a message to tell them that they already have an account? Wouldn't that be a bit like a doorbell that told you that you've just walked through the front door? If they are logged in, then they clearly know this point, if they are not logged in, then how can actinic know they have an account?

If you do manage this most bizarre request, i reckon you will need a full css list layout with all section floating left, unless you replace that image with something else. If you don't do this, you will be left with a big gap there as actinic will have already created the html for it. You need to use the not in b2b tag detailed in the AUG i expect.

Comment

This is what I meant...

It looks really funny having a link to register between product sections...

you may test it with user: test, pass: test

As I said, when customer logs in the registration page is invisible, but if I would also like to show him that he already have an account and the registration for him is impossible

like this:

Comment

I understand what you want, i'm questioning the illogical thinking behind it. When they log in, you want to remove the ability for them to see the register page and instead tell them they have an account. Can you not see that they will already know that? You may as well give them your best omelette recipe, it would be more help.

Anyway, to do what you want, why not replicate what you did on the product page around the section link layout too?

Comment

I understand what you want, i'm questioning the illogical thinking behind it. When they log in, you want to remove the ability for them to see the register page and instead tell them they have an account. Can you not see that they will already know that? You may as well give them your best omelette recipe, it would be more help.

Anyway, to do what you want, why not replicate what you did on the product page around the section link layout too?
              haha omelette recipe...

Well I cannot replicate, as sections do not have a tick box wich would allow me to make section invisible to certain customer group

Comment

There will also be a line of text at the top of each page telomg them they are logged in

Comment

unless I create another product layout, remove all the stuff, create a new product put it in the Register section, write that line of text in it, and hide it from unregistered customers...

Comment

You could try the notinB2B tag from the AUG like i mentioned around the section layout which you create specifically just for that section. When they see their name ie Welcome Joe Bloggs, they will know they have an account i assure you. I think i'd simplify it and move the link into the navigation bar and just hide/unhide that. Unless you use it as a marketing message and say:

Welcome, don't forget you qualify for 10% off normal prices using your account, you do have an account honest, it's the thing you just used to log in. Honest you do have an account.

I think they will clearly understand the point then.

Comment

You could try the notinB2B tag from the AUG like i mentioned around the section layout which you create specifically just for that section. When they see their name ie Welcome Joe Bloggs, they will know they have an account i assure you. I think i'd simplify it and move the link into the navigation bar and just hide/unhide that. Unless you use it as a marketing message and say:

Welcome, don't forget you qualify for 10% off normal prices using your account, you do have an account honest, it's the thing you just used to log in. Honest you do have an account.

I think they will clearly understand the point then.

I dont mind having a link in the nav bar, which I do named "login / register" but i like things neat, so I put it in the login page

in regards to hiding product section I will read the AUG and try playing with layouts, maybe something good will happen, just thought that I may find some people here who have done this, and could give me a steb by step instructions

and if anyone has done this recently, please please please, don't walk by this thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X