Change $ to 'US$'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change $ to 'US$'

How do you display prices as, eg, US$25.99 instead of the default $25.99?

We're launching in the US and Canada and don't want to confuse the Canadians.

I can't see any way other than going in to the database but there must be an easier way surely?

Thanks,

Bob

First. Backup your database and proceed at your rown risk.

Open the databsae in Access and open the curencies table - change the $ next to US Dollars to US$.
    Close database and check it works in Actinic.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm View Post
      ...don't want to confuse the Canadians....
      I was going to say something but thought better of it.

Comment

Thanks, I did that without incident.

It's changed the currency symbol on the product page but (there's always a 'but') the amounts in the shopping cart pages are still displaying a $.

Is there another set of currency symbol definitions somewhere?

Bob

Comment

I would expect all you should have to do is update the site. Did you do this?

Comment

Yes, and the product page was ok but the checkout pages weren't.

Its probably something I did. I'll post again when I know what's going on.

Thanks for your help,

Bob

Comment

Our checkout pages are still showing prices as '$' even though I have changed the currency code to 'US$' in the database.

The product page is fine so I was wondering if Actinic just displays the last character of a currency code in the checkout pages or if some other factor is causing the 'US' to disappear.

I can't find anything in the layouts that might cause this to happen.

Bob

Comment

I think the currency symbol in the cart is picked up from perl scripts generated in conjunction with the database prior to upload. Try a purge and refresh.

Failing that perhaps Actinic could comment...

Comment

I'll hazard a guess and say that things are only setup to use one character. You could put in '$US' and look for an 'S' to prove this.

Comment

Hi,

Our checkout pages are still showing prices as '$' even though I have changed the currency code to 'US$' in the database.
                    Another little Actinic quirk I'm afraid. Go to 'Business Settings | Options' and change the currency to something else and click Apply. Then change it back to US dollars again and click 'OK'. Then update your site and it should show the change everywhere.
                    Tracey
                    SellerDeck

Comment

That's fixed it! Thanks a lot.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X