Checkout process bouncing back to homepage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout process bouncing back to homepage

We're having a problem with the checkout on a v9.0.2 site (http://test.purplepleasures.com) Note:Adult content

In IE6 & IE7 and Opera, when you select the country and click to continue checkout the site bounces back to the homepage.

Bizarrely, in Firefox and Safari, the checkout process continues without a problem.
    The script being accessed at that point is the os000001.pl file.

Can anyone suggest a reason why the script would be going wrong at that point for certain browsers?
    Last edited by jmedinger; 28-Nov-2008, 05:59 PM. Reason: url changed to test location instead of live
    Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
    www.internetology.co.uk
    Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

The live site has been rolled back to v801 site to get it working but the url above is for the test site where the same issue still exists. We also tried changing the script number but made no difference. Anybody able to offer any ideas would be appreciated?

Comment

I notice you are using the same script id number for both the live site and test site, i trust they are not using the same cgi-bin may i suggest you change the test site to another number

Comment

Hi Darren

They are using different cgi-bins.

Comment

I wonder if it's a cookie problem. Adding something to the cart on the test site shows up in the cart summary, but the main site doesn't see it (it says the cart is empty).

If the cart can be seen in firefox or safari then that might confirm the issue.

Why this is happening I'm not sure. It may be that the checkout bounce is directing away from the subdomain at which point the empty cookie could well force a bounce back to the home page.

Your site says 'secure checkout' and I was expecting to see SSL on the checkout pages and thought that could be the problem. There no sign of any SSL though so not sure what's happening there.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
            I wonder if it's a cookie problem.
            Mike

Mike this was my 1st thought, but i cant help thinking it still might be, especially using the same script id's. I have suffered with ff in the past and bouncing to the wrong pages, some how it kept seeing scripts with 900001.pl the same as 000001.pl and caused lots of confusion

Comment

I have just changed the scripts to "3" and have kicked off an upload to test site. Will come back shortly once upload done with news, hopefully good!

Comment

After the upload after changing the script number, the problem on the test site still exists. Anymore ideas?

Comment

I've just done another test on a clean system (brand new install of IE 6 and IE 7 running under VMWare) and the same thing exists with a bounce through to the live site (running as www.) following a checkout request on the test site.

This rules out it being a cookie issue.

These are the 2 cookies that were generated on the system as I went through the process (there's a Google on and an Actinic cart one)

Code:
                  ACTINIC_CART
                  78Z144Z141Z63A1228123806B21817
                  test.purplepleasures.com/
                  CART_CONTENT
                  CART_TOTAL%09%26%23163%3b199%26%2346%3b99%09CART_COUNT%091%09tx%3d0sh%3d0ss%3dhttp%3a%2f%2ftest%2epurplepleasures%2ecom%2fcgi%2dbin%2fss000003%2eplcur%3d%a3%26%211x3000007233%3eJenna%27s%20Vibrating%20%3e199%2e99%0a
                  test.purplepleasures.com/
                  Code:
                  __utma
                  purplepleasures.com/
                  __utmb
                  purplepleasures.com/
                  __utmz
                  145930549.1228123866.1.1.utmccn=(direct)|utmcsr=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)
                  purplepleasures.com/
                  As far as I can tell, the system isn't having a problem between the test site and the live site as the exact same thing was happening when the site was published to the live site.
                  Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
                  www.internetology.co.uk
                  Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

Had you applied the changes from the Advanced User Guide for 'Using Images for the Checkout Buttons' in v8. If so, you will need to re-apply the script changes in your upgraded site.
                    Tracey
                    SellerDeck

Comment

I reset the order00 - 03 back to factory setting, uploaded site but the problem still exists, any other ideas?

Comment

Had you applied the changes from the Advanced User Guide for 'Using Images for the Checkout Buttons' in v8.
                        Can you confirm if you had done this in v8 or not?
                        Tracey
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Only in v902, the factory reset would work (something about missing layout) so I copied the content of the 4 files from the standard actinic site over the top of my 4 and uploaded.

Comment

OK, I have seen this happen on upgraded sites when people haven't re-applied the script change from the AUG and your site does seem to have images for the checkout buttons. If doing that hasn't helped then I think it would need further investigation so I suggest you contact support.
                            Tracey
                            SellerDeck

Comment

The code from orderscript.pl was missing, so added that found in AUG and all is now well. Odd thing is our v8 site works fine without this extra piece of code, v9 appears to insist upon it. Thanks to those who offered assistance and TraceyG for the point in the right direction.

Wish me luck, v902 here we come!

Comment

Working...
                              X