Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout bounceback page query

Hi,

Does anybody know exactly how the checkout bounceback works? Is the page that it bounces back to loaded into a cookie/variable/bit of perl script or something else entirely? If so is there a way to force it to bounceback to a page of your choice?

I have an instance where I need to launch an application in a new page. The problem is that when I add items to the basket from this new page it bounces back to the page that launched it.

i.e. I launch a new page (lets call it page 2) from page1. When I add items to the shopping cart from page 2 it bounces back to page 1 when I want it to go back to page 2.

You can see if for yourself here:

If you load this page: http://www.decswitch.com/shop/Your_Image.html

And then click the blue box to launch the DECSWITCH DESIGNER TOOL, this page is called designer.html, when you add items to your cart it bounces back to Your_Image.html not designers.html.

FYI: This is how the designer.html page adds a product to a cart.

The designer is a java applet. When the Order button is clicked all necessary variables such as design, toggle colour and product id are passed out of the applet to a javaScript Function in the designer.html page. These variables are then submitted to the ca00000.pl file by JavaScript in a similar way to submitting a form.

Is there a way to populate some cookie/variable/perl script etc to force the redirect to come back to the Designer.html page?

Regards,
    Rob.
    Rob

Ultra slim, ultra stylish light switches, dimmers and plug sockets for your home or business
    The Decorative Switch Company - Imagine The Possibilities

Sorry rob, no idea about your issue, but thats certainly cool. Not sure what i need a designed socket for but thats kinda clever

Comment

Thanks Darren. It is the first time its been offered for light switches and sockets. There might be other Actinic users out there who the system could be of use to. Great for personalised products.
      Rob

Ultra slim, ultra stylish light switches, dimmers and plug sockets for your home or business

Comment

Am I imagining it or have you posted this before?

Anyway, as far as I can remember the return page is stored in the session file on the server. You may be able to overwrite the return page that's there by adding the following to your add to cart link.

&ACTINIC_REFERRER=http://www.decswitch.com/shop/designer.html

I'm not sure whether this is still supported or correct as there have been some changes in this area.

Mike

PS. Why do you open the digital designer page in a new window? That doesn't seem necessary and may be part of the problem.
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for the referrer info Mike. I will give it a try. Sorry if I gave anyone deja-vu. I did post this a couple of days back but I since got some more info together and as the old post didn't have any replies I deleted it and posted a new thread.

The designer page is opened in a new window just from an aesthetic point of view. I thought it looked better launched as a standalone application but might change that depending how this goes.
          Rob

Comment

Hi Mike,

As you thought the referrer method you mentioned isn't supported by Actinic anymore so what I had to do is give the window a unique name and add a little check into the top of the Your_Image.html page to check if it is the designer window is being loaded, if it is then it defaults to load the designer.

Code needed at the top of the Your_Image page was as follows:

var myName = window.name;
            if(myName == "designer"){window.location = "designer.html";}
            function load() {
            var load = window.open('designer.html','designer','scrollbars=no,menubar=no,height=550,width=800,resizable=yes,toolbar=no,location=yes,status=no,copyhistory=yes');
            }

Almost forgot, then of course you just need to add the following code around your text/image to launch your page:

<a href="javascript:load()">YOUR TEXT/IMAGE HERE</a>

Seems to work fine adding items to the cart from this page now. Might come in handy if anyone else needs to do this.
            Rob

Comment

Working...
            X