Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I add an opt in newsletter link to home page ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I add an opt in newsletter link to home page ?

I have searched the forums repeatedly over the last week on 'opt in newsletter', 'add opt in newsltter link', add opt in newsletter home page' but not found the answer to this question.

I have found out how to add opt out at checkout stage by ticking 'keep details private' and then editing text which I will do.

I really want a home page opt in on all our sites but can not work out how to add it.

We have groupmail so it would be really useful for marketing

Any advice greatly appreciated

Katie

p.s I am going to local library to get 'html made easy' out again and this time I am going to read it properly

p.p.s this fourm is a fantastic font of information for us 'non techies'-thank you everyone who contributes

If you are using a dedicated provider for this, they will usually provide you with all of the html that needs adding to your site. You just need to position it where you want, often people have this in a sidebar. Find the sidebar you wish to use in your overall site layout and add it. To get used to finding where you are, type in 'kate' and see where it appears on screen, HTML reads in a logical order. If you have taken a snapshot beforehand, you can play to your hearts content, knowing full well that you can't break it permanently as you can always recover anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      If you are using a dedicated provider for this, they will usually provide you with all of the html that needs adding to your site. You just need to position it where you want, often people have this in a sidebar. Find the sidebar you wish to use in your overall site layout and add it. To get used to finding where you are, type in 'kate' and see where it appears on screen, HTML reads in a logical order. If you have taken a snapshot beforehand, you can play to your hearts content, knowing full well that you can't break it permanently as you can always recover anyway.
      Thanks Lee,

By dedicated provider-do you mean Groupmail ?

Thank you for the tip re snapshot 1st
      -had not thought of that-although we do snapshot all sites every Friday, which has saved us on many occaisons

Katie

Comment

There are lots about Kate, not just groupmail, vertical response is another popular one. When you use their service, they provide all the functionality for you. All you need to do is add it. Much depends on how large your lists will become, I always think it's better to start with a dedicated provider from the start as a growing site needs to get there in the end anyway IMO.

Running newsletter campaigns yourself is clunky and often yields all sorts of dangers like spam alerts, smtp issues etc.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          There are lots about Kate, not just groupmail, vertical response is another popular one. When you use their service, they provide all the functionality for you. All you need to do is add it. Much depends on how large your lists will become, I always think it's better to start with a dedicated provider from the start as a growing site needs to get there in the end anyway IMO.

Running newsletter campaigns yourself is clunky and often yields all sorts of dangers like spam alerts, smtp issues etc.
          We have ben running fairly big lists now for about 3 + years I think-but only to previous customers and with a very easy automated server based opt out so it rarely causes us any problems

We have used group mail for this but we have not had an opt in on home page

We are just adding the opt out on the checkout page as I type.

I will have a look at Vertical Response and see if Groupmail offers the html code

Katie

Comment

Groupmail will give you the code for your subscription box.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
              Thank you-much appreciated

Cant believe we have been using it so long and not known this

Katie

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
                Woohoo-found it
                Thanks for the nudge Mal
                Just got to paste it in right place now

Katie

Comment

Newsletter opt in

Vertical Response has worked great for us, really easy to add code into your site, and i am a serious non-techie person.

Thanks

Sarah

www.gematria.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X