change variable used for 'shoppingcartsummary'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

change variable used for 'shoppingcartsummary'

I've inserted the <Actinic:Variable Name="ShoppingCartSummary"/> into my design, but I get a standard black box with white text over 2 rows... with 'items' and 'value'...

What I want is the 'shopping cart summary in a line' variable, but I can't find the place to change this within Actinic?

I've gone into Settings | Site Options but couldn't find it... have searched around all the other areas of Actinic but am drawing a blank.

I've found the variable I want in the 'design | library | layouts' but can't see how to apply this variable.

Does anyone know how I can change the variable that is used?

If you go into the design|library instead, find the shopping cart summary group and open up the selector, you can see the options in there on the values tab, select a different one on the Basic definition tab.

Comment

On the 'basic definition' tab, if you click the 'site' checkbox, it will reappear in site options.

Comment

Yes its strange isn't it - thats exactly where I was expecting to find it...?? Odd, maybe Actinic have moved it somewhere else? Its obviously well hidden :O)

you can see the options in there on the values tab, select a different one on the Basic definition tab.
        Not sure what you mean by 'values tab'... when I go into the design | library | layouts tab, I can see various options under 'shopping cart summary':

shopping cart summary - no box
        shopping cart summary ion a line
        shopping cart summary in a box
        shoppingcartsummary (variable)
        standard shopping cart summary

I'm guessing the site uses the last option... but I don't see any 'values' or 'basic definition' tab?

Perhaps i'll just edit the 'standard shopping cart summary'... I can always revert back to factory settings if it doesn't work :O)

Seems a bad solution... but if it works... unless anyone else knows the answer??

Thanks for your help anyway.
        Lou

Comment

Aha! I found what you're talking about....

Being a newbie I don't always see the full picture... but with a little bit of clicking around I got it (I didn't realise you meant to open up the shoppingcartsummary variable option - thats where the 'basic definition' and 'values' tabs you mentioned were found!)

Thank you so much for your help.

Happy :O)

Comment

Originally posted by LouPhi View Post
            Not sure what you mean by 'values tab'... when I go into the design | library | layouts tab, I can see various options under 'shopping cart summary'
            You haven't followed the instructions and opened up the selector.

Comment

The selector is the thingymajig that gives you the choices basically, it's the drop down list thingymabob. You add your values into it and they then become available in the list.

Comment

Our messages crossed... I hadn't opened up the selector because I'm not familiar with these terms yet and didn't know that that was what its called!!!

Got there in the end - thank you so much for your help, as always
                LP

Comment

Working...
                X