creating sub-sections in a hierarchical import file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating sub-sections in a hierarchical import file

I need to put together some basic instructions for my customer to create hierarchical imports from excel... I've read the documentation on the Actinic Knowledge base, but have one question which doesn't appear to be answered.... its this:

My hierarchical import will have various product elements, but every product within the catalog is a single item within its own sub-section to create a page of thumbnail+title+price, with a click through to full details (ie, 1 item per page)

In the 'flat file import' instructions it details adding a '|' between top section/sub-sections within the section field... can I assume I would use the same method when creating a hierarchical import?? (ie, place a | between section/sub sections in the section field?)

Thanks

Yes, that's right - as I remember it.
    We did a massive import of product in various sections and sub-sections recently and this is a sample section description inside the csv that we then converted to txt file-

Signs|Safety Posters and Booklets|Factory Notices

Please note there are no spaces between the '|' and the section name! We did 4,500 products in one dump - and it worked.

Comment

Export a test hierarchical file and open into Excel to see the structure and build up accordingly.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by LouPhi View Post
        ...can I assume I would use the same method when creating a hierarchical import?? (ie, place a | between section/sub sections in the section field?)...
        No, H import files are quite diferfent beasts. Not difficult when you understand the format and much more powerful.

Comment

Hi,

Take a look at the Hierarchical Imports section in this kb article.
          Last edited by KB2; 23-Mar-2010, 09:13 AM. Reason: Updating kb links
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X