Changing header text on shopping cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing header text on shopping cart

I want to add a message to my checkout page only to tell customers with credit cards to hit checkout now button and ignore the PayPal Logo (which is considerably bigger).
    How do I change header text on that page only?
    Thanks

You will need to use BlockIfs on the shopping cart pages.

This thread from earlier today may be of some help
    http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=40209

If you don't know how to use BlockIfs you may need to read up on the subject. The code within the BlockIf will only be uploaded if the condition set in the blockif statement is true.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Or simply select the checkout page in design view and enter the text there

Comment

I was thinking about changes in the outer layout, but Malcolms suggestion would be much simpler for what you wnat to achieve.
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

tried design view

I tried the change in Design View - checkout page and that simply added the text to the headers on all the product pages.
          Presumably I have missed something...

Comment

Without using BlockIfs you will need to add your message to the Bulk Area of the checkout page, the layout will be called something like "Order 00 Bulk Area", and will be different for each checkout page.

If you are adding the message in the outer layout it will appear on every page that uses that outer layout and would then need to use BlockIfs.
            Darren Guppy
            Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Looks like it is time to read up on BlockIfs then, cos I have no idea.
              Six months in and I thought I was getting the hang of it. Dam.

Comment

Is there a particular checkout page you want the message to appear on?

Where on the page do you want the message to appear?

Do you have a link or screen grab of the page in question?
                Darren Guppy
                Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

I want the message to appear just below the credit card logos and above the
                  the shopping cart. As you can see the PayPal logo totally dwarves everything else including the checkout now button

does this link work?
                  Hope so and thanks for the help

Comment

No it doesn't. Sorry but if you go to www.blokesbags.co.uk and put something in the cart, you will see what I mean.

Comment

David, I think the page you require the message on is your "Shopping Cart" page (that's the only page I could see the large paypal button).

You can replace the "Checkout Now" buttons with your own larger buttons if you require.

To add a message above the shopping cart try the following:

Select "Shopping Cart" from the "Select Page Type" dropdown list (on my screen this is positioned about 1 1/4" down from the word Housekeeping which is on the top row)

A layout should be viewable in the layout window with the name "View Cart Page Shopping Cart Grid" or similar.

The first line may be <Actinic:XMLTEMPLATE NAME="ShoppingCart">

followed by <b>CartCaption</b>

Any code put above the "<b>CartCaption</b>" should appear above the shopping cart.

Try typing "This is a sample message<br/>" where I suggested and check the text is added in the correct place.

If this works you may want to add some styling to the message so it stands out, depending on your knowledge of html and CSS.
                      Darren Guppy
                      Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Darren
                        Thank you for that. I will try it first thing in the morning. If I try it now when I am so tired I will not learn from it.
                        Thanks again. I will let you know tomorrow how I get on.

David

Comment

'tis done

Darren

Thank you very much indeed. Problem solved and a great deal learned in the process!
                          I just love the way people on this site give their time to help each other out. Much appreciated
                          All the best

David

Comment

Working...
                          X