Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cart Content Discount Presentation

Hi

I'm running a promotion on two brands - order any three items from each brand to receive a 10% discount.

I've set up the product groups and have tested and all works fine.

I've entered the following text " Buy any 3 Tropi-care products & get an extra 10% discount!" into the 'Description for Product' but it fails to show.

I've not clicked the box "Use link to product group" so should the message not appear next to each product?

Can't seem to get it to work at all?

regards

Matt
    www.i4detailing.co.uk

Hi,

Is the variable to show the discounts in the product layout? It should be something like 'DiscountList' or 'Standard Discount List' (it will be pink and underlined).
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

We're the developers of Matt's site, so have looked into this for him.

Resolution: The marketing message was in the template, but to turn it on it had to be flagged within the "Discount & Surcharges Settings" panel, "Miscellaneous" tab. The checkbox "Show Discount Description Against Each Product" needed to be checked.

Also, as an additional point, if a discount message has been entered after product duplicates have been created, those duplicates will have to be reset from the master product to pick up the discount message.

See this thread for further details. It states that this was fixed in 8.5, however this is a V9 site.
      Nick Shread
      Shreadsoft Ltd
      www.Shreadsoft.co.uk

Comment

those duplicates will have to be reset from the master product to pick up the discount message
        You have to keep a close eye on duplicatates and variables not updating when changed at the original - especially images.

The other thing worth noting is that if you have the original in a hidden section, in v903 the duplicates don't appear in the search results but the original does. However, because the original is in a hidden section, the link from the search results and cart produce a 404 error

Comment

Working...
        X