Postcode lookup issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postcode lookup issues

Yes, I have a couple of 'issues' with Postcode Anywhere. Anyone help? (Don't think that I believe it's anyone's duty to help, just if there's simple solutions, and I have searched!)

I've set it up and I'm liking it lots, because I like that kind of thing myself when I buy online.

Issue 1: It's set up for the invoice address on 'checkout page 1', but what about page 2? If they are using a separate delivery address they have to - god forbid - type that one out. I've pasted the code into page 2 and it doesn't work - just shows the results from the checkout page 1 lookup. Do I have to register twice?

Issue 2: - not particularly important to be honest - I'm not entirely happy with where it is placed. The postcode field stays down after the address line, so, unless you notice it, there is a possibilty that you write the address in and then see it only when you get down to it, then slap your forehead and tut.

I don't know if I would miss it if I were a customer because I know it's there because I just put it there. I've gone to checkout on my site all nonchalant, pretending I don't know, and I see it, but of course really I know, so it's not valid.

Any assistance?

www.ductstore.co.uk

Originally posted by Greenmind View Post
    Issue 1: It's set up for the invoice address on 'checkout page 1', but what about page 2? If they are using a separate delivery address they have to - god forbid - type that one out. I've pasted the code into page 2 and it doesn't work - just shows the results from the checkout page 1 lookup. Do I have to register twice?
    www.ductstore.co.uk
    Yes you have to generate 2 codes, 1 for each page, when setting them up call them something memorable like invoice page, delivery page, makes it easy to track the usage.
    It is fantastic and probably has good effect on conversions but keep an eye on it as when it runs out of credits customers get exactly that message 'this account is out of credit' and would put some people off, they do offer a automatic renewal sysytem what may be useful.
    www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

I'm not entirely happy with where it is placed. The postcode field stays down after the address line, so, unless you notice it, there is a possibilty that you write the address in and then see it only when you get down to it
      You can move it by playing with the page in the Design tab. Just look for the relevant code and move it up. Back up first though ...
      In v9, it is above the other address fields by default.
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thanks for your help, all quite simple.

Comment

it is, as jules said, i moved the postcode field up to the top of the address on the checkout pages, i did not see any point in it being at the bottom after the customer has typed it all in

Comment

Yes, I'll do that; I'm assuming it doesn't mess up the layout of the address on the packing list and invoice ??

I've got 3rd 'issue' now:

I'm now getting the 'mixed secure and unsecure items' notice coming up. The postcode lookup doesn't show if you click on 'don't display', which I think most people would click on because they're a bit nervy about putting in their details.

I may give them a ring.

Comment

Yes, I'll do that; I'm assuming it doesn't mess up the layout of the address on the packing list and invoice ??

I've got 3rd 'issue' now:

I'm now getting the 'mixed secure and unsecure items' notice coming up. The postcode lookup doesn't show if you click on 'don't display', which I think most people would click on because they're a bit nervy about putting in their details.
              Go back to the design page where you moved things around and change the http in front of the postcodeanywhere url to https. Again, in v9, it is https by default.
              Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thanks Guccij, that's done it.

Comment

We're using the postcode anywhere built into V9 and I love it - especially for tel orders - why it's taken us this long I don't know!

However there seems to be a slight issue with some long addresses - sometimes it misses out part of the address. We've got company field, address 1 and 2 and town activiated. I can't see an address line 3 to activate that would seem to prevent this. Have I missed something or do I need to create a further address line to prevent it? I tried to use the county line but this didn't work!
                  Thanks D
                  Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Working...
                  X