more than 20 new product listing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more than 20 new product listing

hi all, is there any way of increasing the limit of new product listings from 20?

Darren
    Web design Bradford

in a word, no!

Is this something Actinic are going to address is future versions? Giving us the ability to create a significantly longer list would enable us to get more 'creative' with the marketing lists than is currently possible.
    Tracey

Comment

I would prefer to have this extended so as to create more lists rather than bigger lists. This would then drop the need to use block statements to control what is shown.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
        I would prefer to have this extended so as to create more lists rather than bigger lists. This would then drop the need to use block statements to control what is shown.
        That's what I was referring to!
        Being able to pick and choose products, or ranges of products, from the list for different areas of the store.
        If we must be limited in this area, at least make the limit bigger than 20!
        Tracey

Comment

If you need this right now then it's easy to do in a different way with only 7 lines of code.

Create a product level Variable called NewProduct of type true / false. Set the default to be false.

Now where you want to display the list, add a bit of code like:
          Code:
          <actinic:block type="EntireSectionList">
            <actinic:block type="ProductList">
              <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NewProduct%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20TRUE">
                NEW PRODUCT LAYOUT HERE	
              </actinic:block>
          Now any product with NewProduct set will appear on the page. This could take a long time to process if you have a huge site and want to show the list on every page as you'll be looping through all products every time you display this.

The JavaScript include method from the Advanced Guide could be used to mitigate this.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

nice one Norman

Comment

cheers all, thanks for the info Norman but I don't think thats workable on my site. Surly the limits set somewhere in a perl script, I would of thought it would be just a case of changing this number...Actinic staff response please?
              Web design Bradford

Comment

Actinic staff response please
                If you search, you'll find that Actinic have already stated why the limit is 20 (processing time issue).

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
                  If you search, you'll find that Actinic have already stated why the limit is 20 (processing time issue).
                  And that was what I based my answer on.
                  Norman's excellent method, notwithstanding, of course!
                  Tracey

Comment

mmmm, I only wanted to increase it by another 10. Maybe I should use your method Norman. The list is only going to be on one page (Whats new?) so the looping wouldn't be a problem. The only concern would be removing the new variable from each product when the next stock comes in. I wonder if it would be better to duplicate the products and stick them in a new section...that way i can just delete them all in one go when the time comes.
                    Web design Bradford

Comment

Use both. The normal New Products list to automatically add in 20 and my technique for a manually set 10.

Comment

Working...
                      X