Moving my Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving my Site

I have recently bought a new lap top which is running on windows Vista home premium.
    I need to move my copy of actinic and my site over to this laptop.
    I installed actinic to my new laptop using the original disc, but when I click the link on the desktop it tells me there is already a site1 folder, it cant change it and that i need to do it manually.
    When i navigate to the site folder there is no site1 folder in there for me to change or delete.
    How can I move it over?
    Thanks Lisa

Originally posted by nobby whyte View Post
    I have recently bought a new lap top which is running on windows Vista home premium.
    I need to move my copy of actinic and my site over to this laptop.
    I installed actinic to my new laptop using the original disc, but when I click the link on the desktop it tells me there is already a site1 folder, it cant change it and that i need to do it manually.
    When i navigate to the site folder there is no site1 folder in there for me to change or delete.
    How can I move it over?
    Thanks Lisa
    What version of v8 are you using Lisa?

Kevin
    KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

Im using v8.0.0.0
      Old now i know
      I have managed to get it working by running the program as administrator and then importing my site snapshot.
      As long as I always run it as admininstrator it works but if i try to open it any other way I still get the same message.

Comment

Im sure the earlier versions of 8 were not built for vista, although they run you might experience some quirks. You can turn of UAC which might help but i would not recommend it

Comment

I think you should consider upgrading you software to the latest, v853. Vista compatibility was only added from v850.

Comment

8.0.0 is riddled with bugs and not vista compatable

Comment

Working...
            X