Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage & Actinic Discounts

Hi there,

I'm setting up a new website and i wondered if someone could point me in the right direction for setting up discounts and the best way to go about it. Basically, i want to show an INSTORE price and ONLINE price on all items available to the public (not logged in customers) which shows a general discount of 20% across all products. Not sure whether to :

a. Create a price list in Sage which then turns into a customer group in Actinic showing a discount of 20% OR
    b. Use the discount tab in Sage for each product and apply a 20% discount from there? (kind of like faking a quantity discount?)

I've read in the forums you can apply discounts to retail customers here:
    http://community.actinic.com/showthr...sage+discounts

But i've also seen there can be problems transferring the orders back to Sage with certain setups (one person saying the discount need to be applied to each product rather than a group) so wanted the advice of someone who has maybe completed a site on this basis and knows one way which works better than the other?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Nikki

Hi Nikki,

Basically, i want to show an INSTORE price and ONLINE price on all items available to the public (not logged in customers)
    I think this means that you can't use option a) as customer groups will only apply to logged in customers. The help files for Link show you how to set up the quantity based discounts for retail customers (see 'The Discounts Tab' in the help files), however, this will set the discounted price as the standard price for the products so if you want to display the 'instore' price too you will have to set this up manually - see this kb article to help set that up.
    Last edited by KB2; 23-Mar-2010, 09:02 AM. Reason: Updating kb links
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X