Screwy login URL's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screwy login URL's

I think my issue with Actinic is related to the URL it feeds into the LoginPageURL and the LOGOUT scripts.

The former feeds in a scripted cgi code and the latter logs you out to a 404 page.

The login links are like;

http://www.xxxxx.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss00005.pl?ACTION=LOGIN

and the logout ones;

http://www.xxxxx.co.uk/cgi-bin/bb000005.pl?ACTION=LOGOUT

I haven't edited these (damn, I don't know how) so why are they acting this way and where can I set/reset these variables (links) within Actinic on a site level as editing each one would be silly

If I hand edit the logins they work, but surely Actinic knows where its own login page is and has a base url to direct to once a login is successful.

As always with live-site problems an URL would help.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
      As always with live-site problems an URL would help.
      Thanks Norman

www.pandponline.co.uk/icm

User: ICMheadoffice
      Password: icmho

Comment

Just tried publishing a totally new shop, new script number, using the standard Site1 style template with one test customer and the result is the same.

Clicking the login link returns an empty page with the error;

Sorry, but there are no pages available in this folder.

There is no other access to the product sections or direct to the products.

If this is a database issue whats the solution?

I have compacted the database, republished, refreshed and done a full purge and refresh also with no improvement.

www.pandponline.co.uk/test

user;test pass;test

Comment

I'm guessing you fixed it as it seems to be working fine now?

Comment

Don't think so. I think he has changed the link to be hard-coded to the login.html page rather than parsing through the cgi bin script file.
            My guess would be it's down to the hosting setup/network settings or funky script file modifications i.e. I think that there is possibly some funky server side routing going on that may be causing the scripts to return the
            Sorry, but there are no pages available in this folder.
            message.
            I found this message in the DDindex.html file (for digital downloads) as well as in the ActinicCatalog.mdb. Might shed more light on the issue.
            Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
            Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
            SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

URGENT! Still not working :-(

No guys, the sites still don't work.

The only way to access them is to disable logins.

I designed a fresh site, new template, did a copy and paste with products, created new customer accounts and matched them to the product groups and when I published from my laptop I still can't log in.

Check out
              www.pandponline.co.uk/ICM

User: ICMheadoffice Pass:icmho

All I get is 'Sorry, but there are no pages available in this folder.'

Short of hardcoding every login link on the site I really don't know what to do.

I have 6 clients baying for blood and my boss isn't happy either

Paul

Originally posted by fergusw View Post
              Don't think so. I think he has changed the link to be hard-coded to the login.html page rather than parsing through the cgi bin script file.
              My guess would be it's down to the hosting setup/network settings or funky script file modifications i.e. I think that there is possibly some funky server side routing going on that may be causing the scripts to return the

message.
              I found this message in the DDindex.html file (for digital downloads) as well as in the ActinicCatalog.mdb. Might shed more light on the issue.

Comment

I just checked
                http://www.pandponline.co.uk/test/
                and with the login link going through the cgi-bin I find that it is working. I can now login using those details: test test

I have 6 clients baying for blood and my boss isn't happy either
                I would recommend raising a support ticket with Actinic directly, or paying a developer to resolve this instead of pinning all your hopes on the forum tbh.
                Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw View Post
                  I would recommend raising a support ticket with Actinic directly, or paying a developer to resolve this instead of pinning all your hopes on the forum tbh.

Persuaded the boss to for out £660 odd quid on Actinic Cover.

4 calls (no technical issues discussed) and numerous emails later I am still nowhere. All I get is put off that (x) person will email (z) person and (z) person will eventually get back to me, sometime, maybe.

So what have we paid for

Comment

Working...
                  X