removing acatalog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing acatalog

I remember a few years ago in someones wish list, that they wanted to remove the /atatalog folder within the URL.

Just wondering if anyone has done this and is it worth doing it?

Andrew
    Jewellery247.co.uk
    AndrewBerry.com

W: http://www.WelshGoldOnline.co.uk
    W: http://www.jewellery247.co.uk
    W: http://www.AndrewBerry.com

well with v9 you can change the name now, but obviously there are seo implications for older sites

Comment

Its been built into V9 - web|network settings . WARNING if you use it on an existing site it will trash your rankings

Comment

We should all change 'acatalog' to 'xmas' over this festive period. Just like a good party, we can pick up the pieces and clean up later.

Comment

Nah i will go early then someone else can clear up

Comment

Im surprised no one has played with it yet and posted as to why all thier orders have stopped

Comment

or all my indexed pages have disappeared from google does anyone know why

Comment

The only way you could safely change that folder name is when you start a brand new site, anything else is surely e-commerce suicide once you have an established site which is ranking well in the search engines.
                I have to ask why would anyone want to mess around with it anyway? Don't they want anyone to know they use Actinic software? How many non designers would know anyway?
                Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Steve G Griggs View Post
                  I have to ask why would anyone want to mess around with it anyway? Don't they want anyone to know they use Actinic software? How many non designers would know anyway?
                  Always wondered why anyone would want to remove 'acatalog' - if this is Actinic's default folder naming convention, then why change it - surely it'll only increase the risk of something breaking - it will also make a lot of 3rd party add-ons/KB guides difficult to implement if you are not/fully/aware/of/file/paths.

Having said that, 99% of Actinic-based sites are easily identified by the design, especially through the appearance of Best Sellers/New Product Listings and the checkout. IMO one of the best complete designs working through Actinic is Swimming Without Stress. Having said that, I'm quite a fan of Bangers' Actinic work.

Comment

Working...
                  X