Slightly OT - How to integrate a dynamic page into an actinic site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slightly OT - How to integrate a dynamic page into an actinic site

This isn't really an actinic question as such, but I'm hoping someone can at least point me in the right direction.

I have an actinic site and I want to have a page that initially lists all of my products. But I want there to be a number of check boxes at the top for features that the customer wants.

As they click on the check boxes the products without that feature should disapear from the page, so as they tick more features more products disappear making it easier for them to choose from what's left of the large selection of broadly similar products.

I don't expect to be able to do this in actinic in anyway. I would just code the page using [whatever] and upload it to the server. It would not use any product details from actinic, I would just code the product image/name and relevent features into that page. I would of course link to this page from the actinic pages, and would hardcode links from this page to the relevent actinic product page.

I'm very much a html person and haven't strayed into other stuff like php/ajax etc so don't really know if these are appropriate or if there is something better. But I pick up new computer based languages pretty quickly so I really just need someone who knows to just let me know what would be the best way to do this?
    John

IMO you would be on the right lines with PHP/AJAX/MySQL (although the ajax element is really only necessary if you want the unneeded products to disappear as soon as you tick the box rather than waiting for a submit action)
    Last edited by meden; 13-Dec-2008, 12:34 PM. Reason: syntax error
    The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

yes, if I'm going to all this extra effort might as well make it look cool at the same time. submitting is soooo last year!
      John

Comment

Working...
      X